The Ashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done England! And the Aussies too for having the character to take it to the wire. A really great test match.

If the other four in the series are like this, I'll have no nails or hair left!

Paul

Oh boy. Whenever the British are on top, they're the loudest cows in the barn (Is a metaphor, but is not entirely false) and when they're losing, they're the loudest cows in the barn, mostly about complaining...

Oh boy. Whenever the British are on top, they're the loudest cows in the barn (Is a metaphor, but is not entirely false) and when they're losing, they're the loudest cows in the barn, mostly about complaining...

Hmm. Do I detect the odour of sour grapes...

The Ashes test series could go either way, both teams are quite evenly matched.

Rob.

Considering we went in with the under dog tag i thought the Aussie's did quite well only loosing by 14 runs i think it was, So yeah hopefully the other Test's will just be as exciting.
Mick.

England please, England! The Scots, Welsh and Irish won't thank you!

I hope the Lords test is as exciting, I could only get day 5 tickets.

:D I've got Monday off work so I'll be very happy to see some day five action, but please not to the wire like on Sunday!

Paul

As a holder of 5th day tickets, I had the genuinely novel experience of hoping that the Australians wouldn't lose wickets on the 4th day at Lords. They let me down ;)

well now england is in very strong position to win the series they are playing well but dont think australia is on loss bcz they can still come back in series but my point of view is that going to win 3 or atleast 2 tests in a row is quite difficult but still say anything can be happen and this time series is not going to be as usual slow test match its thrilling and fast

Strange to think that the Lords test used to be the Aussies' banker in the home Ashes series. Can they win three tests in a row? Not according to their first innings at Lords. Perhaps too much T20 Big Bash has eroded Australian batting?

Paul

It would appear not. Congratulation to the Aussie batsmen on a great first day at Old Trafford.

Inevitably, I spoke too soon - great knock by Michael Clarke. Goes to show that these teams are a lot closer than many people have assumed.

Nevertheless, despite England's failings at Old Trafford, we did our rain dance and ENGLAND HAVE RETAINED THE ASHES!

woohoo!!!

Paul

Get rid of clarke and a few of the other prima donna's then we can rebuild and whack you poms again......lol

I'm interested, why is Clarke so disliked in Aus? He's good to watch batting and a reasonable captain, so there must be something else?

Looking forward to the next match now, hoping it's a good match, with England coming out on top of course........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back