Questions about the DLCs . ( that are on sale on Steam )

Are they come with a serial key ?
Is it possible to activate them on your Planet Auran account ? ( i own the non - Steam version of TS12 )

It's not a good idea to install Steam addons in a non-Steam version as the integration process can be tricky if you haven't got SP1 installed.

Regarding serials, these would be available inside the Steam Client using the CD Key link on the right-hand side of the screen.

Shane

Good Afternoon Lackoo11111
We do not support installing add-on's purchased from Steam in the non Steam versions of Trainz. Note, you will need a Steam version of Trainz installed to install the add-on pack first.

Please note, if you are using TS12 SP1, the DLC pack will be downloaded and installed via the new DLC system so long as the serial number is registered in your account.

Regards

Good Afternoon Lackoo11111
We do not support installing add-on's purchased from Steam in the non Steam versions of Trainz. Note, you will need a Steam version of Trainz installed to install the add-on pack first.

Please note, if you are using TS12 SP1, the DLC pack will be downloaded and installed via the new DLC system so long as the serial number is registered in your account.

Regards

As i wrote i missed the sale on Simulator Central . I wanted to activate the serial keys of the Steam version of DLCs on my Auran account .

There should be another sale soon. It seems to happen about once a month. Sign up for the newsletter and you will get an email announcing what is on sale each week.

I suspect that no one has given you a precise answer because no one knows for sure. Here is what I know. I have both the N3V direct TS12 and the Steam version.

Up to about a month ago, when you bought an add-on from N3V, you downloaded a file and ran it to install the add-on. You registered the serial number at Planet Auran and added it to TS12 in the launcher. I do not know if it was possible to install these add-ons to the Steam version. I never tried.

As Zec has said, the only supported way to use the Steam version of the add-ons was to purchase TS12 from Steam and install it. Steam would then automatically install any add-ons that you then purchased from Steam. Since Steam only downloads add-ons (DLC) for TS12 when you have TS12 installed under Steam. I would think it is not possible to get the Steam add-ons without having TS12 Steam version installed.

OK, here is where the unknown comes in. With the release of SP1, DLC that is registered to your account automatically downloads and installs when you start TS12 in both the N3V version and the Steam version. Let me say that last bit again. Even though I have not purchased any add-ons from Steam, my Steam version of TS12 downloaded and installed the add-ons that I had bought from N3V. Now what you are asking is if you purchase the add-ons from Steam and you get the serial number in the email that Steam sends you when you buy something and if you register that serial at Planet Auran will your TS12 SP1 download and install the N3V versions of the add-ons? Maybe, but no one knows. The only way to find out is to try it and see.

William

OK, because I have more money than sense I tried it. I purchased the PRR T1 add-on from Steam and as expected it downloaded and installed to my Steam version of TS12. I looked at the CD Key menu option for TS12 and there was my serial for the PRR T1. I copied it to my clipboard and went to Auran and registered it under my account. I then started my N3V version of TS12 SP1 and it downloaded and installed the PRR T1 add-on from N3V. But here is your problem. The email I got from Steam confirming the PRR T1 purchase DOES NOT include the serial number needed for registering the add-on at Planet Auran. The only way to get it is to have the Steam version of TS12 installed in Steam.

William

I don't know what add-ons you want but I did discover that the route packs install under Steam as standalone products. This means you don't need to have TS12 installed. You can register their serial numbers at Planet Auran and then they will automatically download into your TS12 as long as it is updated to SP1.

William

Back