Download Station Issues - 13/7/2013

Falken442

Is the Download Station down or having issues for anyone else? Because I tried changing my password and then logging back in, but now it won't even load to log in. Before it was just not loading a assets download screen or it would load but then when I tried to download it, the screen in the image below would come up, I would enter my password and username and it would just keep coming up. I can't even download from the DLS from content manager.

-Eno

G'day, yes the DLS is having it's weekend hissy fit and most likely won't be fixed till the start of the working week as usual.
Time to play or fix trains.
Regards
Barrie

Unfortunatly , the DLS is not working from out of the CMP or v-e-r-y slow .
It's going very slowly to reach te site ( DLS ) and when the site appears i can log-in but cannot go further to see the tab's.

So i have to hold my horses to feed my addiction.
Altough it's starting to be handy to see what day it is , only go to the DLS and when it's not working or very slow it must be weekend.
Maybe it's better like this and start a conversation with my wife .

have a nice weekend

Same problem here folks except CMP is also stating i have used my 100MB allowance for today when i have heaps of time left on my currant First Class Ticket so there should be no Limit. The one Route i downloaded today i can not complete downloading now so thanks heaps Auran, Pathetic that this all ways seems to happen on a weekend and the best they can offer is " We'll get to it on Monday when we are back in the office". I wish the last dude out the door on a Friday left more food for the hamster who has to keep the wheels turning over the weekend cause obviously the poor bugger is hungry and has decided to stop work. I also hope sum one is keeping track of the amount of time this keeps happening as its getting very annoying considering the amount you have to pay for a first class ticket and cant even get it to work when you want it too let alone the faster speeds that are advertised for it.
Very annoyed Mick.:p

Last edited:
Same problem here folks except CMP is also stating i have used my 100MB allowance for today when i have heaps of time left on my currant First Class Ticket so there should be no Limit. The one Route i downloaded today i can not complete downloading now so thanks heaps Auran, Pathetic that this all ways seems to happen on a weekend and the best they can offer is " We'll get to it on Monday when we are back in the office". I wish the last dude out the door on a Friday left more food for the hamster who has to keep the wheels turning over the weekend cause obviously the poor bugger is hungry and has decided to stop work. I also hope sum one is keeping track of the amount of time this keeps happening as its getting very annoying considering the amount you have to pay for a first class ticket and cant even get it to work when you want it too let alone the faster speeds that are advertised for it.
Very annoyed Mick.:p

Hi Mick ,

Is it for you not possible to search those folks on the beaches and dragg them to the office.
I saw you live in Australie.

LOL bit far away from me leksie by the time i arrived up there at the beach mate they would all be back in the office. Bout a 20 or so hour drive from where i am.
Mick.

Just call the police and tell that all trainz lovers over the whole world are depressed because they have to communicate with there wifes.

leksie/matruck/Falken442:

Can I check if any of you 3 are still having DLS problems? Reason I ask is because I've just been able to download some dependencies fine a few minutes ago using Content Manager.

Shane

Call Someone!

Just call the police and tell that all trainz lovers over the whole world are depressed because they have to communicate with there wifes.

While the people we see on the forums from N3V are nice people. Those who maintain the systems have no place in any company. Very very few weekends go by without a Download Station problem. There seems to be no work ethic and/or management responsibility thus this joke continues as customers who bought a First Class ticket are denied its use. I agree call the cops but have them awaken the management, get the DLS fixed, and then give them 10 days in a nice hot jail in the Outback!:n:

I disagree about needing to get anyone else involved. As things stand there are no current issues with the Download Station so if you are encountering one, I would check your system and general internet connection first.

Shane

EDIT: It appears that a problem has just developed involving the authentication server, however it should still be possible to use other methods to download content.

Last edited:
IT IS problems with DLS.
But only now and then, I have tried to download stuff several times today, sometimes it works, sometimes not.
And cut the crap that people have errors on their internet connections, it's ONLY the connection to DLS that do not work properly for me, to visit other sites works without problems.

// Erik from Sweden

I must disagree with you. The problems have only just started within the last half an hour as I was able to download fine until then. There is still the chance that there are local issues on the internet though that will affect some more than others, hence why users need to be sure it's not their connection.

If you don't believe me, check the FTP Status log (http://www.auran.com/planetauran/FTP_Status_Log.php) which gives an hourly update on the status of the Download Station FTP servers (although it does not include the listing/authentication servers).

Shane

There's a bottleneck somewhere...

From CMP 3.7 diagnostics:

Code:
Error: Download failed - error 7.
Error: Test 'planet auran login' failed.
Error: Test 'https auran' failed.
Error: Test 'dls search' failed.
Error: Test 'download.ts2009.com' failed.
Error: Test 'www.auran.com' failed.
Error: Test 'online.ts2009.com' failed.
Error: Test 'page failure' failed.

Shane, your little connection test tool reported all successful though?!?

I logged in successful once of about 8 times this morning to CMP 3.7 in the last 7 hours.

Andrew

There certainly is a problem Shane. Sometimes the DLS loads OK, sometimes very very slowly or sometimes not at all. This problem started yesterday evening for me and has continued today and is still happening right now.

I will check that, although my connection test tool uses a different method of checking it that CM does not.

However, I've noticed that Network Diagnostics is taking longer than usual to process the checks, but they are still passing (apart from https auran and www.ts2009.com), which tells me there may be congestion somewhere on the Internet or possible problems in the Texas area of the US.

Message: Reply from 74.125.132.103: bytes=32 time=23ms TTL=47
Message: Reply from 74.125.132.103: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=47
Message: Reply from 74.125.132.103: bytes=32 time=25ms TTL=47
Message: Reply from 74.125.132.103: bytes=32 time=25ms TTL=47
Message: Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Message: Reply from 174.121.103.202: bytes=32 time=131ms TTL=52
Message: Reply from 174.121.103.202: bytes=32 time=138ms TTL=52
Message: Reply from 174.121.103.202: bytes=32 time=127ms TTL=52
Message: Reply from 174.121.103.202: bytes=32 time=137ms TTL=52
Message: Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Error: Test 'https auran' failed.
Error: Download failed - error 4.
Error: Test 'www.ts2009.com' failed.

Shane

The problem seems to have been going on for some time...I hadn't even realized my FCT had expired because there was no change in dl speed before/after and now that I have purchased a new one I get nothing at all. Say.....is Railworks a good sim? ;)

Back