Central Portal Control Help - Timer Fluctuation.

Davie_UCF

Here since 2001, Trainz!!
What does timer fluctuation do? I've got one portal set at 15minutes. The timer fluctuation at 15minutes. I ended up getting 3 trains coming out within a minute of each other! I had thought the timer fluctuation value meant it might add 15minutes onto the original 15minutes.. I guess I got it wrong.

Help Appreiciated!
David

The timer fluctuation can work both ways (+ and -) so it's only advisable to use it if you want the spawning to vary (and it's best not to set the timer fluctuation to the same value as the portal frequency).

Shane

The timer fluctuation can work both ways (+ and -) so it's only advisable to use it if you want the spawning to vary (and it's best not to set the timer fluctuation to the same value as the portal frequency).

Shane

So I want at least 10minutes between trains.. But I want it to possibly be higher, or a tiny bit lower. So if I put it to 5minutes, it could be 5mins between trains or 15mins?

If that's the case, set the frequency to 10 minutes and the fluctuation to 5 minutes, but be aware there is still a chance of two coming out at the same time with those figures.

Shane

If that's the case, set the frequency to 10 minutes and the fluctuation to 5 minutes, but be aware there is still a chance of two coming out at the same time with those figures.

Shane

Maybe a higher frequency but still a 5minute fluctuation would be better?

Back