QR DD17 Queston

Falken442

I currently use MSTnoodle's DD17 but I've seen screenshots people of posted with a DD17 that looks different to the one I use and yet I can't find any other DD17s on the DLS? Are there any websites that have different DD17s on them? any kuids or usernames.

-Eno

The one you saw is now completed and the author (trainz89) is just awaiting time to upload it.

Kieran.

Last edited:
DD17

Hi,

You might want to wait a bit. Trainz89 is soon to place a DD17 on the forums. I have the beta and it is a really good loco that has a custome cab and custome sounds.

-Cheers

Hi,

You might want to wait a bit. Trainz89 is soon to place a DD17 on the forums. I have the beta and it is a really good loco that has a custome cab and custome sounds.

-Cheers

I think I've seen the photos posted of it in the Australian Screenshots section and it looks great. Would look good infront of a bety on a double header. From the photos I've seen, its worth waiting for. May I ask though, are all the controls in the custom cab usable, because on some cabs such as the PB15s cab, you can't use the mouse on the throttle.

-Eno

Hi Eno,

The cab is custom built using the same methods used in my 1963 VW Beetle Driveable asset, where the interior is just an invisible plane with the controls attached to it and the exterior makes up the cab through the use of the outside-visible-from-cabin and cabin-visible-from-outside tags.

It has fully working controls and the interior was built to IRW drawings from 1948 - 1951, and has been tested extensively. The bug where some controls aren't able to be clicked on in TS12 has been avoided, therefore the controls are fully useable. This issue exists in TS:Mac since it is TS12 programming with TS2010 content, but since the problem has been eliminated in TS12, it is also eliminated in TS:Mac.

Kieran.

Last edited:
Hi Eno,

The cab is custom built using the same methods used in my 1963 VW Beetle Driveable asset, where the interior is just an invisible plane with the controls attached to it and the exterior makes up the cab through the use of the outside-visible-from-cabin and cabin-visible-from-outside tags.

It has fully working controls and the interior was built to IRW drawings from 1948 - 1951, and has been tested extensively. The bug where some controls aren't able to be clicked on in TS12 has been avoided, therefore the controls are fully useable.

Kieran.

And what will the view points in the cab be. As in, where will you be able to move to in the cab? leaning out the window?

-Eno

Hello again Eno,

There are these camera views:

- Driver's side in-cab
- Driver's side leaning out
- Front buffer beam
- Rear buffer beam
- Left and right drivers/valve gear views

Kieran.

Hi Eno,

Sort of. Michael will release a few numbers and liveries, but as seperate models. 949 is the current model, and he hopes to add 1046, 1047, 1049 and 1051 to the fleet.

Kieran.

Last edited:
Back