Use of Railyard??

boleyd

There is the ability, when you start Trainz, to look at the Railyard. There you can mark items as favorites. Now I am am confused. If something is marked as a favorite how can you you select it in the Content Manager as just non-favorites so you can delete or disable all non-favorites?

Yes there is a star rating system. However, that seems to be set by relatives of the author. The only place you can get a good look at an asset is the RailYard and I see no value/utility in the favorites selections.

Once you are in to Trainz the best you can see is a preview if there is one. The there is nothing you can do in terms of disabling or deleting unwanted assets.

I have collected many assets that either came with a route or I downloaded. Now I cannot find a way to get a good view of them so I can then decide if I want to delete or disable them.

You can "defavorite" items in CM via the Asset Details window. You will see "Rating" with the starts in the box. Just click off as many stars as you want. Everything ou download pretty much gets classified as favorite unfortunately, so it is a bit of work. Also, for locos and rolling stock you can use Pev's Trainz Mesh Viewer to see the items in CM where you can just delete them if you desire.

Indeed all of the ways I can see to categorize and items does not easily allow deletions or if you can delete things the process is boringly slow.

When you have collected hundreds of various assets the menus becomes very unwieldy. Ideally the customer could use the Railyard to mark the items to be retained or deleted. Then in the Content Manager these items would be acted upon. Doing this in the Content Manager, the only place to delete, is not good at all. The picture of the asset is quite small, missing or just some words.

There is no filter that relates to items marked in the Railyard.

It would be nice if the Rail Yard was more than a place just to look at our collection of train cars and locomotives. If the module could be used for something such as managing and creating the consists, and was setup more like a yard instead of an engine shed, I think it would be more useful.

John

I'd like to be able to delete items right from Railyard. If I don't like a particular traincar, one click and away it goes.

I'd like to be able to delete items right from Railyard. If I don't like a particular traincar, one click and away it goes.

I want to do that to the [CENSORED] Oster loco! It is so [CENSORED] ugly! I have nightmares because of that horrible loco!

Unless something has changed in recent versions, items marked as a favorite in Railyard are given a five star rating too.

William

The only thing I find I dislike about the favorites setting or changing the rating in CM is that all the built in stuff resets if you do a data base repair, really PO's me!

Railyard is nice to view what an item looks like but ONLY after you move that absolutely HUGE list back into the sidebar. My complaints about this list have fallen on completely deaf ears. If you MUST have a list, put it below the Railyard picture - not OVER it!

Bill

There is the ability, when you start Trainz, to look at the Railyard. There you can mark items as favorites. Now I am am confused. If something is marked as a favorite how can you you select it in the Content Manager as just non-favorites so you can delete or disable all non-favorites?

Yes there is a star rating system. However, that seems to be set by relatives of the author. The only place you can get a good look at an asset is the RailYard and I see no value/utility in the favorites selections.

Once you are in to Trainz the best you can see is a preview if there is one. The there is nothing you can do in terms of disabling or deleting unwanted assets.

I have collected many assets that either came with a route or I downloaded. Now I cannot find a way to get a good view of them so I can then decide if I want to delete or disable them.

Is there a way to mark items as "Favorites" in T:ANE? Because I didn't anything called "Railyard" in T:ANE, but I'm still hoping to find a way.

Is there a way to mark items as "Favorites" in T:ANE? Because I didn't anything called "Railyard" in T:ANE, but I'm still hoping to find a way.

Use pick lists to create a favorites list. You can create a pick list in Content Manager and see it in the filters within Surveyor and the Session editor.

I have deleted routes Using the Content Manager, while TANE was running, and the route just disappeared in the game, live with no game restart...

So...I have a yard for each of my favorite items.

Perhaps you should just make a Route, but put all your fav items lined up on it so you can preview etc it all live, like a gallery or museum. I dunno.

Then try deleting items using the content manager while TANE is still running, not sure if this will crash tane, but it didn't for me, but I only deleted and added routes.. haven't tried deleting items live yet.
If you run TANE windowed and have the content manager on a second window, theres no full screen switching to get to the cm.

Back