PevSoft ShadowMaker

prre6

** Fire Department**
In short, the software does not make shadows. I get the message **TrainzMeshImporter FAILED** Does that mean anything to anyone?

Are you using it on "IM" files or "PM" file, I don't think it works for PM files. You'd need PM2IM to make an IM and THEN run the shadow maker on the IM.

Hmm, that's gonna take input from the creator then. Sorry. I'm sure he/she will see it and respond.

Quickshadows uses TrainzMeshImporter to create the shadow mesh. The version of TMI supplied with QuickShadows is not the latest so you could try that. Although in my installation QuickShadows is using the older version without problems.

I'd try a different IM file to create a shadow in case TMI doesn't like a particular file.

Wonderful news is I just tried 17 separate files with no shadow mesh and all were rejected. I didn't see a separate app for TMI. Where is it included?

The latest TMI can be obtained from http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php5/Downloads

If it helps, this is a copy of my quickshadows.ini:

Code:
File=English.txt

[MRU]
default_dir=D:\Trainz-Development\Home-Folder-LWVRR\Prospect-Breaker\

[Scale]
Y=1.00000
X=1.00000
Z=1.00000

[Program]
Version=1,10

[Script]
Dir=
Enable=0

[Options]
CloseOnDone=0
AutoConvert=0
DeleteXML=1
FullShadow=0
IncludeIMs=0
DoubleSided=1
MakeWhite=0
Actions=2
ShadowName=shadow

[Paths]
TS2009_dir=F:\Auran\TS2009
TS2010_dir=F:\Auran\TS2010
TS12_dir=F:\N3V\TS12
MeshViewer=D:\Program Files (x86)\PEVSoft\Mesh Viewer2\Mesh_Viewer.exe

[Simple]
X_Increment=0.10000
Y_Increment=0.10000
HorOffset=0.00000
FrontOffset=0.00000
UseFrontPlane=1
BackOffset=0.00000
UseBackPlane=1
SidesOffset=0.00000
UseSidePlanes=1
UseProfile=0
XScale=0.95000
YScale=1.00000
ZScale=0.95000

[Help]
ShowImages=1

Don't edit your ini file directly but it might give a clue to the problem.

I had the same problem. You must run Quick Shadows as Administrator. Click on the Shadows icon and click on Properties. Click on "Run as administrator". That solved my problem.

Back