UMR 2014 Summer Multiplayer

Lewiscc65

Thanks to Neil's OK I am creating a multiplayer route from his UMR 2014 Summer route and adding the 2013 session to it. This will take a little time but I am sure it should be done in about a week. If anyone has any tuneups they would like to see, lets here them.

Carl (Lewiscc65)

In terms of session operation, some players have requested that we assign tasks to players by means of a session HTML, much like what the Debrecen-Nyiregyhaza MP session. Operations should be broken down into these categories:

Long Haul Freight - Takes trains from one major yard to the next. Major yards include Smithtown, Eso Flats, Travis, Palmer, Oakwood, Gunnison, and Millhurst.
Short Distance Freight Takes trains to sidings within a major yard's coverage area. Smithtown will cover all areas west of Pab Canyon, Eso Flats will cover all areas between Pab Canyon and the Loop, Travis will cover all areas between the Loop and the Steep Grade, Palmer will cover all areas from the Steep Grade to Millbury, Oakwood will cover all areas between Millbury and Ghoo, including the IW division east to Carlisle Creek, as well as the GHOO division to Ogden; Gunnison will cover all areas from Carlisle Creek to Blainseville Junction, and Millhurst will cover the remaining areas, including Blainseville.
Major Yard Switcher - Receives cars from the long haul trains, arranges them based on their next destination, and handles all industries at the assigned yard.
Passenger - Handles an intercity passenger route. Passenger stops include, from west to east:
Code:
Milton --- Cochrane --- Grantly --- Selkirk --- Eso Flats --- Eccles --- Kallaneal --- Travis --- Joliet --- Lakeridge --- Burnfield --- Barton --- Palmer ...

... Millbury --- Wallace --- --- Sherwood --- Caldwell --- Ogden --- Flagston --- --- Millhurst --- Clarkesville --- Port --- Gladston
       |                    |                                                    |                 |            |
        Lewiston --- Fisherville --- Wawasee --- Gunnison --- Mapleview ---------                   --- Lang ---
                                    |                                            |                        |
           Bloomfield --- Patoka ---                             Blainseville ---                       Halden

It's a major undertaking to come up with such assignments, I'm sure. But if newcomers join the session, it will help them decide what they want to do.

In terms of session operation, some players have requested that we assign tasks to players by means of a session HTML, much like what the Debrecen-Nyiregyhaza MP session. Operations should be broken down into these categories:

It's a major undertaking to come up with such assignments, I'm sure. But if newcomers join the session, it will help them decide what they want to do.

I agree, but I think someone has to be running the session in order to make sure things are carried out correctly. In my sessions which I run 24/7 it is a little hard to that. I will take it into consideration but it will not be in the first release.

OK, route, session and html have been uploaded to the DL. Fingers crossed that everything will work. Per a request I was able to add a few more box cars by reducing the number of auto carriers.

Ok to all the updates Carl. When I'm on the session I'd like to try to run it as a real rail road.
I use Team Speak 24.34.133.237 and we all can put orders in the file browser to where we need cars and where to send them, just need some help.
If we were to choose a place on the map and work that area UN-tell he know where thing are loaded and unloaded then he will know what to put in the file browser when he need something from a distant away.
Myself I work a road freight from Gladston to Oakwood picking up cars along the way to drop off at places that can load them or unload.
I just drop them off and if I have time on my way back I'll load or unload them. Just on this one branch at lease 3(456) people could work on this branch.
Then there would be plenty of interaction with each other.

For some reason, none of the UMR 2014 routes, sessions, or HTML assets are visible on the browser DLS.

All the 2014 routes are visible in Content Manager, including the one uploaded by Neil about a month ago. But none of them show up on the Black Pages = Browser DLS.

Lewis, has the 100005:1 route been approved yet?

EDIT: Never mind, managed to squeeze it out of CM3.7.

Last edited:
Great Route, but may I make a recommendation - use of the old high poly trees are really killing frame rates. May I suggest the UST-1 Set just released and any "Performance" or "Perfect" Trees as you will see a huge increase in FPS.

if this is so such a good you beuty type plan you gotta try an get on and stay connected for this to run !!! and also how do you make ya lil club when maybe those whom that whising to try and PLAY TRAINS ! like a railroad should be run as a TEAM and Tag 2 PPL to YARD and also those whom wants to run L/Haul 1ST and S/haul with PAX for the rest and if you bug out well put the loco at a siding and leave, but we all know whats gonna happen , WONT so what next ??? back to the drawing board, I say ?? hmmm ???? thinking ....????

Great Route, but may I make a recommendation - use of the old high poly trees are really killing frame rates. May I suggest the UST-1 Set just released and any "Performance" or "Perfect" Trees as you will see a huge increase in FPS.

Well I get between 20 - 40 FPS, so I don't see the problem. But as may Dad used to say "A Man on a galloping hose would never notice". So for those with older equipment, I say go for it.

Sorry guys. I did upload both at the same time but the route failed with a strange message that I am having a problem getting fixed. It seems N3V can not tell me what is wrong. The message read:

Dear Lewiscc65,

The addition of your content file UMR_2014_Summer_Multiplayer_Route_V2.0.cdp has failed due to the following reasons:

<kuid2:394799:100005:3> : $tet_invalid_dependency_userid

If you require further assistance please contact our Helpdesk (http://www.auran.com/helpdesk).

Regards,
The Trainz Team

Hope to have it soon.

From what I've just understood in another thread, it's caused by a dependency with a negative User ID (that is not built-in), which quite often happens if it was not created properly or if an ex-builtin is used.

Shane

OK finally got the right message and the route is fixed, uploaded and approved. Now we have to just wait for it to appear on the DL.

Back