Countrylink Xplorer Cab.

Falken442

Would anyone be interested in making a cab for the Countrylink Xplorer? I have the Xplorer by Davido but it has the BR HST cab and while it is a similar cab, a replica would be nice. I have pictures of the Xplorer cab and can email them to someone who would be willing to make the cab. If anyone does want to take up the offer, I ask of you not to post these photos anywhere. They are to be kept un posted, i know it sounds weird but I like being either asked or posting myself any photos I've taken.

-Eno

Here is what the Xplorer is if anyone doesn't know.
(Image is my own)

Not sure if it would be right for someone to make a cab for anothers work.
that and making cabs is the hardest bit of content creation that why its not commonly done.

There's nothing wrong with making a cab for other people's models. It would make no difference to Davido's model. It's like making an engine-spec for a loco that hasn't been built yet

Jamie

I'm agreeing with H222 because I rekon anyone who has used Davidos content knows its nice quality and how nice it runs and the sounds. Why not give it that little bit extra.

-Eno

Not sure if it would be right for someone to make a cab for anothers work.
that and making cabs is the hardest bit of content creation that why its not commonly done.

This is an extension of the "don't reference other's assets without asking" - basically, if I make a trestle or bridge, I should ask before I "attach" someone else's track.

I think this is pure crap. You're not including their work, you're making a reference to the KUID.

Now, if someone released a version of the LOCOMOTIVE with the config changed to reference this hypothetical interior - that's a different matter, and governed by whatever license the original locomotive has. But making, and even uploading an interior to the DLS (let alone for private use) does not require the locomotive authors consent.

This is an extension of the "don't reference other's assets without asking" - basically, if I make a trestle or bridge, I should ask before I "attach" someone else's track.

I think this is pure crap. You're not including their work, you're making a reference to the KUID.

Now, if someone released a version of the LOCOMOTIVE with the config changed to reference this hypothetical interior - that's a different matter, and governed by whatever license the original locomotive has. But making, and even uploading an interior to the DLS (let alone for private use) does not require the locomotive authors consent.

I am planning to ask Davido anyway. Was just wondering if anyone can make the cab before I ask him for something that won't happen.

-Eno.

Back