TOPSIG iPortaling V3

So I consume Aluminum and produce Automobile Engines. Should I insert those into the Produce/Consume document? And is there anything else I should do in order to be ready for the first session?

So I consume Aluminum and produce Automobile Engines. Should I insert those into the Produce/Consume document? And is there anything else I should do in order to be ready for the first session?

Yes you should. And any thing that you dont produce or consume you should put a X in it. You might also want to consider producing and consuming more then just 2 products. For what you consume, put in how many cars you want of that product.

Also, send the cont tent you wish to use to Ken.

Oddly I wont over DPs Produce and I have 12 things I can ship but 2 I need the rest The route can handle with out exporting I'll do up my List with the Port I'll use I'll only need one because the stuff is only on one part of the map. who do I give the list to ? I'll Be using Dragons Pass and My rolling stock because they can load mostly anything. My muilty use cars are on DLS So I'll be Useing DPR ofcorse

Well first of, if you want a list of what you consume, import, and what you produce, export, look over at the Consume/Produce document. Find that HERE. For every thing you export, put a P. For every thing you import, put the number of cars of that product you want in the proper grid. And for what ever you dont import or export, but an X. Example: Lets say you produce goods, need grain, and have nothing to do with coal. While I have nothing to do with grain or coal but need goods. I put an X in grain and coal. And 5 in goods to indicate that I need 5 cars of goods. Then you put in 15 in grain to let us all know that you need 15 cars or more of grain. Then an X in coal, and a P in goods. Like this:

Product |Jib|Dragonharh
Grain |X | 15
Coal |X |X
Goods |5 |P

I do this so latter on down the road I could make up train orders that will tell us where to send trains in a more prototypical manner. But for now its just shipping them out to who ever.

The next thing I want to address Dragon, and I told Bluewater this too. You must have 4 portals. North, South, East, and West. They dont all have to be at the right ends of your route. If you want, and what I would recommend if you only want them at one end, is make 4 2 mile long stretches of track where you want the portals. Then put your North, South, East, and West Portals there. Then link the tracks to the rest of your railroad. Another suggestion, make a clone of your route since I know you where at one point making it an MP route. This way you wont mess up any work you might be doing on the MP version.

Having 4 portals vs 1 is to help every one one. This way if who ever is to your South is not on that session, you can still ship trains East or West or North.

As for your locomotives and rolling stock, send the Kuids, or a consist file of the 6 locomotives and 15 cars you want to use to Kenrouf.

And lastly Dragon, look at the route map, HERE, there are numbered grids. Pick one you'd like and I'll put you in the map.

TO EVERY ONE ELSE
Seeing as there where a lot of changes made, and some new people. Our first official session will not be the 6th, but rather the 13th. The season still starts the 6th though, and from then on, any day you may ships trains to the people you are connected to on t e map. But we wont have our big get together until the 13th.

You can ether send him a CDP of your consist by making a consist is surveyor. The going into Content Manger and saving it to a CDP. The uploading it some place like Google Docs and giving Ken the link. Or you can make up a list of all the rolling stock and locomotives with names and KUID's. But that method is a pain in the butt.

Ok I added the E,W,S, & N ports and removed all unneeded junk out of the route, I need to set everything up as to what I wont to ship in/out I'm going with DPCN ( Dragons Pass CNR ) its more ideal for me I'm going to try and keep it smiple but with my 150= mile route I have to do alot of justifying and cutting stuff out.

Is DPCN your railroads reporting marks? And if so, do you have locomotives lettered for DPCN?

Ok now you lost me lets talk in MP.

Dragons Pass has its own network of stock I'm shore you already knew that but you didn't have DPR listed in the routes
DPR = Dragons Pass Railroad but how ever I was going to use it as a CN map. *Sigh* What do you wont me to do I'm getting rader comfused seeing how I never used iports befor.
Just go to the first post on this thread and pick a grid off the link there then make a consist of the 6engines and 15railcars you want to use and send them to Kenruof either by cdp uplading them to google docs and providing a link or send him a list of names and kuids so he can make the consist.

you can also reach us on the channel topsig on trainz

Last edited:
Ok now you lost me lets talk in MP.

Dragons Pass has its own network of stock I'm shore you already knew that but you didn't have DPR listed in the routes
DPR = Dragons Pass Railroad but how ever I was going to use it as a CN map. *Sigh* What do you wont me to do I'm getting rader comfused seeing how I never used iports befor.

If you still use skype, message me on there and I can help enplane. Or if you hop on Team Speak on server ip 24.34.133.237 I can help you there too.

OK I would like to try again.
On rule 1:everyone should have panel selector rule installed. So one can change there I-portals while in drive.
? now do I send my trains to the same persons as before but with their new IDs.
Again if I send a train to my east how many people's commodities should I put on my train? (if Joe wants 25 cars of general goods and 20 cars of lumber and 10 cars of logs and Bill wants 50 cars of coal X cars of lumber & X cars of logs, then my train will be so long it may not come out the portal.
That's only 2 people.)we should limit the cars to 5 cars of one product to each person. long coal trains should be sent to the person who needs it.
I'm not sure how this is suppose to work ? I have no orders from anyone to send them anything. Like I did last time I sent a train that serviced 4 people and it was 116 cars long. Is this what we are to do?
I think this is good but less cars and all cars be loaded this first session, when you receive a train your cars should be on the front put them on a side track and send the train to the next person, after dropping off all the cars the locos be sent back to the started place not to the next person. You should be receiving as many trains as players as on that night. ( you should receive 2 trains right at the start say 7pm) By the time this is completed the session should be about finished. Now you have the week to sort the cars unload them refill them if needed and have them ready for the next session.

GN1996 convinced me so this time I'm willing to join in. I'll use Burlington Northern and would like to have Grid 7. Working on a route right now but still up in the air on industries and rolling stock.

OK I would like to try again.
On rule 1:everyone should have panel selector rule installed. So one can change there I-portals while in drive.
? now do I send my trains to the same persons as before but with their new IDs.
Again if I send a train to my east how many people's commodities should I put on my train? (if Joe wants 25 cars of general goods and 20 cars of lumber and 10 cars of logs and Bill wants 50 cars of coal X cars of lumber & X cars of logs, then my train will be so long it may not come out the portal.
That's only 2 people.)we should limit the cars to 5 cars of one product to each person. long coal trains should be sent to the person who needs it.
I'm not sure how this is suppose to work ? I have no orders from anyone to send them anything. Like I did last time I sent a train that serviced 4 people and it was 116 cars long. Is this what we are to do?
I think this is good but less cars and all cars be loaded this first session, when you receive a train your cars should be on the front put them on a side track and send the train to the next person, after dropping off all the cars the locos be sent back to the started place not to the next person. You should be receiving as many trains as players as on that night. ( you should receive 2 trains right at the start say 7pm) By the time this is completed the session should be about finished. Now you have the week to sort the cars unload them refill them if needed and have them ready for the next session.

I agree with the panel select rule. But your portals wont be changing.

As for who you send to Danny, look over at the iPortal Map. It has your name and your railroad. It then has all 4 of your portal ID's. Any grid that has another players portal ID that touches yours is who you send to. So your portal ATSFW connects to UPE, and ATSFS connect to DPRN.

As for orders, one the produce and consume list is done, I can make up train order that will say what cars you need to ship out and it what direction. But its not done yet. We have had a few new people join, and we still have lots of products that are not accounted for. (If they dont have a producer and a consumer by the 13th, then I may remove the product from the list to trim it down.)

As for long trains, I think trains reaching 100 cars are ok. But then again, I dont know how many an iPortal can handle. Ive sent 56 cars to some one once, and I know I have gotten an 110 car train once.

I do agree that each player should have at least 2 or 3 trains ready to roll out when we have our meet up.

But as for sending a train directly to a player, I disagree with that. On the prototypes, if a coal train needs to get to Detroit MI from Lexington KT, it doesn't just magically skip Ohio. Yes this means that it will take longer for 80-90 car coal drags to pass from their starting destination to their end destination. But it adds operational interest and traffic flow to all of us. My route has no need for coal, but coal trains do run on the prototype on their way from Ohio up to Lansing MI.

Part of the original idea was that you where not sending a train to any one, but sending it to every one. So if you loaded up 15 cars or goods, you could ship them out to every on. When that train got to Bill and he didn't need the box cars of goods, he could just pass it on to the next person. If they needed goods, then they could take a few cars off. If, when that train was on Bills route and he had cars of logs ready to go out, he could add them to the back of your 15 cars of goods.

Think of it kinda like this. You're at Thanksgiving dinner, with the whole family sitting at the table. You have the bowl of mashed potatoes. You pass the bowl to the person next to you and they take a spoon full, then they pass it on to the next person who takes a spoon full. Eventually to bowl make it back to you, and its empty.

And as I said, once the produce and consume list is done up right, I can make train orders. These will say some thing like "Danny needs to make up a train with 5 box cars of goods, 6 tank cars of oil, 1 flat car of tractors, and 15 of any empty car. Danny needs to send this train to Charles. Charles takes off any empty cars he needs, 1 flat car of tractors, 2 tank cars of oil. Charles adds 5 box cars of auto parts, 8 center beams with lumber, and 6 of any empty car."

Only question I have at this time is if I am on the left side of the matrix and there is no one to my west/south (PRRW/PRRS) who do I send trains to?

As for train length I think I can handle ~70 cars in my main yard. As for long coal trains send them on I can use lots, they will skip the yards anyway.

Last edited:
Only question I have at this time is if I am on the left side of the matrix and there is no one to my west/south (PRRW/PRRS) who do I send trains to?

No one yet. Those are open grids in-case we get more players. Once the season starts, then you'll have them loop back to the other side of the map. So your South portal will connect to who ever is the North most route to you, and your West portal will connect to the East most person. As of right now, Jhuravich, and Bluewater.

Also, on a note about train orders. Ive made up a new document that shows some. And I have one made up so far.

HERE

Click on the lowest tab that says "Train 1" and you can see how the train orders will work.

Where is says "Loads Added" that's the number of cars added to the train. So in this one GN adds 5 Cars of auto parts. Then where it says "Loads Removed," that is the number of loaded cars removed from this train. So for the auto parts it says I should removed 10 car loads of them. Where it says "Cars in Train," That's mostly a reference for me when I make up the list. But it also shows how many cars should be in that train when it arrives on your route.

At the bottom under "Products" there is a box that says "Empties." This is for any car's that you no longer need, such as empty coal hoppers or auto racks. If it says a number, then you add or remove that many of any car. So if it says "Loads Added: Empties: 25" then you may add any 25 cars that are empty. Or if it says "Loads Removed: Empties: 25" then you re move any 25 empty cars from that train.

Where is says a player name, this is of course who gets the train next. So Train 1 goes GN->Ken->James->Jib->Charles->Danny. When it gets to Danny, its orders are done. The locomotives, which should be GN's, can be put on to Train 2 and sent back to GN. (I'll have Train 2's orders done some time today. I should also have a few more ready)

Back