Remove Missing Dependencies from my own route.

cableguy

TS12 Can't remove missing dependencies.

I created some 1km basemap assets and imported them into my route.
Then I deleted the basemap assets in content manager so of course my route now shows 10 missing dependencies. (All of which start with my author kuid).

So I open the route in Surveyor, make sure all layers are unlocked and visible and select "Delete Missing Assets" from the menu.
Then I make some other trivial modification so Surveyor realises that the route has actually changed, I save the route and return to Content Manager and to my frustration the route is still showing the same missing dependencies.

I've tried editing the route config file and removing the items from the kuid table and committing but as soon as i go back into Surveyor they get added to the dependency list again.

Suggestions?

Solved!

1) I opened a building asset in explorer, then copied it's entire folder to D:\BrokenAsset
2) I then edited D:\BrokenAsset\config.txt and changed the KUID to that of one of the missing dependencies.
3) Then I ran trainzutil installfrompath D:\BrokenAsset

Then I repeated steps 2 and 3 for all the other kuid's that were 'unknown'.
I then committed the newly imported assets in content manager and opened my route in surveyor.

I tracked down all the buildings that looked like the one I choose as the substitute and deleted them.
And lastly deleted the duplicate assets I'd imported using trainzutil.

Hope this helps someone else in my situation, N3V may not realise that the 'Delete Missing Assets' menu option doesn't seem to work for assets that are 'unknown'.

You sure you did not do something wrong in the initial process? I take the steps of your initial post every time and it does the trick.
Note that CM does not always automaticly refresh the way it shows your route. So what you might had to do is do some random search in which it did not show your route and then look up your route again.

Back