2 assets won't update - BI FUEL & Pre 1900s 6 Wheel Brake Van E-spec

RailPilgrim

Wannabe Driver
When I check the Updates from the front screen in game, it always shows these 2 - BI FUEL & Pre 1900s 6 Wheel Brake Van E-spec as availabe to download but nothing happens and they stay there. Other assets that show from time to time, download and are removed from the list.
As far as I can tell I have the latest versions of these assets. They are all part of builtin content of either TS12, TS10, Murchison or S&C as I have all these installed. CM reports no errors other than the update icon on the far left.

Does anybody know how to stop these from reporting as updates? I have done numerous EDRs too.
thanks - Ron
TS12 SP1 + HF1 - 3 installed.

I never use the front screen to up date.
What does your CM indicate.
If erred may just need to be fixed.

I had the same assets showing on mine they would not update. I ended up re-installing due to the fact I could not play multiplayer games due to locally modified assets errors now I have kept it as clean ts12 install with no payware or ts2010 content and all is fine.

Good luck

RudeFX

Thanks xcrossi. The 2 items are both built-in. Looking at the configs of each, the only thing I note is that neither of them have an Obsolete Table entries. I attempted to add them to BI Fuel, but as it is built in, I wasn't able to COMMIT. I changed it back, but am now left with an error.
Looks like I'll take your advise rudeFX and reload TS12 as a standalone without adding TS10 to it.
thanks again all.

Hi All
We are aware of issues being caused by some assets in the DLC packs. In the case of the 'Pro 1900s 6 wheel brake van Espec', this should not cause any issues (at least with my guards van assets, which were the only assets I know of to use it), as I uploaded an (unrelated) update that uses a more accurate enginespec.

Unfortunately, at this time, these assets will be stuck in the 'updates' list until the updates become available. You may be able to install the updates from a CDP file (if downloaded from the DLS website, you should still be able to use them in multiplayer).

Regards

Would I be right in saying that if you install the updates from a CDP file, it will cause the assets to be locally modified?

Shane

P.S. At this rate, with the way the server is, that's difficult at the moment.

Locally modified means you opened the asset on your computer either to look in the folder or alter something. If the asset was in the open for edit section and you then commit, it is regarded as locally modified. Just select revert to remove the local tag, but this means it must be faultless when installed or else the faults return. Locally is just that, meaning you and not what you import.

"Locally modified" means "different from the original copy", i.e. the copy in userdata\local is different from the copy in either userdata\original or in the built-in .ja files.

That is true, although I have noticed that content from CDP files imported using Import CDP usually ends up in the Local folder.

Shane

Back