Possibly getting Trainz 12 this sunday!

Hope you have a great birthday. I am running TS12 SP1 HF3 and find it quite good. If you can run TS12 out of the box with out problems then patching up to SP1 HF3 will wok OK.
Remember to install TS12 in it's own folder and not the default. Just make a new folder and direct it to install there. Whatever you decide I am sure that you will have fun.

Andrew.

If you decide to install all the patches, I'd suggest doing it before adding any content other than what is built in.

You can patch, but be warned you may have lots of faulty content. Once that's done, it runs fine

Stay away from ANY SP1 UPDATE and then find you have just bought TS2010 with the MP Beta. The warnings have been told to you and you will find great disappointment in the benefits you are mentioning when the frustration of TS12 are realized. I am installing TS2010 right now and feel that is where it is best to remain. I will miss out on great content utilization, but so be it. This is why I still elect to create in TS2010 Version.

There are people that have worked with Trainz for years and still can't get TS12 after the SP1 patch to run correctly. Do yourself a favor and don't install it until you have alot of experience, unless you want to start out with a nightmare right from the beginning.

And on the other hand, I installed SP1 and all the hot fixes with no troubles and once the initial bit of error checking and cleanup was done the game runs fine, with a few hiccups here and there which is no big deal. Go figure.

I can't say what the reasons are for some people having difficulties and others not, so study and decide for yourself. All we can do is advise based on our individual experiences. Since you are starting off clean with 12, I say give it a try. You can always uninstall and start over, and you may learn a few things in the process. I have.

The people out there who've installed SP1 without much fuss should stop rubbing it in everyone else's faces about it. Okay, so SP1 went smoothly for you, want a medal? :sleep:
Edit: not meant for boc61

Yea, your post sneaked in before I posted mine and it looked totally wrong in that order so a disclaimer was appropriate.

I'm going to give you some advise:

Do what ever you wont regardless as to what anyone says and luren throw trale and error ask for help if needed after you tryed everything on your own and look at other posts before posting about it "TR12 is a dog eat weak would". Make friends with thews you know you can trust most of the guys here are good but there are few lucking in a corner waiting to attack.

PS: you can turst these guys.

Last edited:
Why not do two installs and patch one to build 49922 and patch the other one to SP1 Hotfix 3.
You can then judge for yourself.

Ken

Back