Unable to install and register TRS 10EE- it came without a serial number

silverymo99

uNLast Tuesday I recived my copy of TRS 10EE to go with my copy of TRS 12, but my copy of TRS 10EE came to me from Auran without a serial number, and I am still unable therefore to register it in planet auran, so can someone please send me a serial number for it so that I can install it and then register it in planet auran and that should then open up the DLS for me to start downloading missing dependencies from assets I have that are missing dependencies and some of the new assets from the DLS, which I am informed that I cannot get into until I have registered a copy of TRS, be it my presesnt copy of TRS 12, or 10.

I do have the serial number for TRS 12, and have tried registering it in planet auran but it keeps telling me tthat it is already registered, - (to me under my old username), and cannot therefore be re-registered by me using my new username... help!...:confused::eek:

I have put in a ticket to the help desk. but so far.... I am left languishing in groundhog land....:(

I have just bought the Duchess package from Simulator central, got that up and running, and have registered that in planet auran

Last edited:
I'm afraid only Helpdesk can sort this out for you as the forums cannot deal with serial number issues. Be aware that they do not normally give out serial numbers.

Shane

The help desk is closed until Monday

uNLast Tuesday I recived my copy of TRS 10EE to go with my copy of TRS 12, but my copy of TRS 10EE came to me from Auran without a serial number, and I am still unable therefore to register it in planet auran, so can someone please send me a serial number for it so that I can install it and then register it in planet auran and that should then open up the DLS for me to start downloading missing dependencies from assets I have that are missing dependencies and some of the new assets from the DLS, which I am informed that I cannot get into until I have registered a copy of TRS, be it my presesnt copy of TRS 12, or 10.

I do have the serial number for TRS 12, and have tried registering it in planet auran but it keeps telling me tthat it is already registered, - (to me under my old username), and cannot therefore be re-registered by me using my new username... help!...:confused::eek:

I have put in a ticket to the help desk. but so far.... I am left languishing in groundhog land....:(

I have just bought the Duchess package from Simulator central, got that up and running, and have registered that in planet auran

thanks Shane, thought I had best make it known that I am left without one, ....The Simulator 'Central Serial Number Facility.... at this stage only works if you do a digital download from your chosen packs, including the 'Jointed Rail' ones.... Like I mentioned above, I just downloaded the new LMS Duchess package, and it was not long before I saw the serial number for that, in 'my serial nunbers', put that straight into planet auran, and it wasn't long before it came up as being recognised in Planet Auran, and I now have that running.... looks nice!....verrrrrry nice indeed, but if you order a copy of TRS from the shop, .... well at this point in time.... you won't see the serial number for an online or other kind of order (including postal) up in Sim Central, maybe hopefully that will change soon

Usually when you order a copy of TRS onnline, or by post, your serial number is on the back of the manual that comes with your copy of TRS, but when I got it, ready to put the CD in, go look to see what my serial number was for this one... Oh! goodness... It's gone awol!....I'ts gotta be here somewhere, it had come without one...
some earlier TRS's had the serial number pasted on the inside of the plastic DVD box, but yes!... I have put in a ticket to the help desk, and that is all I can do at this stage... and say 'help!'

Last edited:
Indeed - N3V will hopefully sort it out one way or another when they are next in the office on Monday. I can tell you though that the community will not be able to assist you with this.

Shane

You have checked the back cover of the manual for the serial number? as that's where it's supposed to be, you might also consider using your original account to register or you will end up with a confused mess, use only one account for all versions and DLC or you will not be able to use you DLC in the other account and you will not be able to add 2010 to TS12. Serial numbers are permanently locked to your user name and if you get an FCT it will only work with the username you purchased it with.

Yes... I have, and that was the first thing I did, and I was quite puzzled to see that it wasn't there.... so I just had to put the copy of TRS 10 aside for a while unitl I was able to get one. and go on using my copy of TRS 12.

As for my original account, I lost the pasword I knew so well, and was given another one, and very soon forgot it, and found myself not being able to get into the auran site, not even into helpdesk, so the only other way I could get back in, was to start all over again with a whole new ID and password.... I won't try and explain it all, but basically it was like losing your house keys, and finding yourself locked out...and many of us have done that at some time in our lives... . I had all my passwords in a text file on my laptop, but when I did a 'rescue' *a complete clean down' guess what?... so too did I clean off all my passwords too, so this time I have written them down in a phone book....we are only wise and careful in hindsight....and we promise ourselves that we will never lose them, but that can still happen.....and we realize that we are stuck... this was not the only ID and password I had lost because I had done the clean down and wiped all of my computer clean....

Last edited:
You may find that N3V will be able to merge your two accounts if you ask, it has been done before.

I'll sit back now and let them do that, and have you ever thought about and realized that our sim is still the easist to get started in, and while we like to bemoan things liek the DLS's the CMP's, it is still just so easy to just sit down, even if you are buggered, and not feeling much like playing trains, or making layouts, it is still far easier for us to sit down, knock up a layout, and have something that we can run trains on at the end of the day, and I ihave not been able to do that with too many other sims... try it next time you are feeling totally had it, and you will surely agree with me that TRS is still by far the easist.... I have sat down so many times now and not had to think too much about how to lay the start of a new layout... see my posting, 'working on new routes'.... and where despite our grumbles with DLS's out and all the problems we face here, I would not wander too far from TRS....

Through out any given day, I think about what I might do next, come home, sit down and just do it, and in one or two days, I have something ready to run trains on, blow the horns and shunt grain hoppers, load iron ore ' my favourite in TRS is 'mineral' because it has that dark red look of iron ore... and I could be running a train up around The Spencer Gulf in SA, up near Port Pirie or Port Augusta, Whyalla, or running a tripple headed wheat train over on the Eyre Peninsula, using two or three AN 830's.... and it is almost as if I am standing right by the line, given that we can place cameras hy the line as if we were seeing these trains with our very eyes....

I icould be standing in my copy of TRS up at Blackwood or Belair in the Adelaide Hills and placing a camera as if I am standingn on the platform watching a freight with three NR's on it, and a fair ol' consist of double stacked wellcars going past me... it is just so easy to create our own local environment, and I guess it is because we have all come to be so familiar with TRS over the years we have been using it....

Only one little complaint, there is no NJ, but the nearest thing to an NJ or G$W 1600, is a ARG 2200, but one just has to imagein that with this one, that the NJ only has a cab at one end, and then we have ex Westrail A class with the slanted braking vents very similar to the QR 1460, but in the G&WA orange and black livery.... having come from the EP, it was a narrow gauge line of 3' 6", mainly now used only for wheat grain traffic, between Ceduna/Thevenard and Port Lincoln.

Last edited:
Back