Problem witrh Camscott's Annie and Clarabel

hholdenaz

There is a strange problem with Camscott's Annie and Clarabel. This picture will explain all:

CCP2013-06-1615-38-43-83_zps3f43e3be.png

You see the long thing in front? That's my problem: I have no idea how to get rid of it and it annoys me. Some may suggest reskinning one of the faceless models into a faced version, and I actually tried that. It worked with Annie, but Clarabel's face is a separate texture. Does anybody have a solution?

I hat eto sound fussy, but has anybody had a similar problem with a piece of rolling stock before? If so, how was it solved?

Frist, triple or double posting will not help you gain any attention. In fact, it will annoy many users.

Secondly, it's a mesh error by the looks of it. Unless you have the original source mesh, it can't be fixed by you.

My suggestion would be to kindly tell Camscott about the problem, and wait for him to fix it. Please don't pester him about it.

Frist, triple or double posting will not help you gain any attention. In fact, it will annoy many users.

Secondly, it's a mesh error by the looks of it. Unless you have the original source mesh, it can't be fixed by you.

My suggestion would be to kindly tell Camscott about the problem, and wait for him to fix it. Please don't pester him about it.

Never mind, I apologize for it. However, I found out how to reskin the faceless Clarabel and proceeded there. Normally, Camscott wouldn't allow reskinnign to his models without permission, but unfortunately, there are times when exceptions must be made.

Never mind, I apologize for it. However, I found out how to reskin the faceless Clarabel and proceeded there. Normally, Camscott wouldn't allow reskinnign to his models without permission, but unfortunately, there are times when exceptions must be made.

Reskinning for personal use is permitted of anything as long as you don't share it.

Cheerio John

By sharing, do you mean releasing it to the public?
That would be my understanding. Admittedly its a grey area. Uploading to the DLS would be sharing with the "public" but I guess giving a copy to a friend might not. However, it would still be within the definition of sharing. So perhaps you should keep it to yourself.

I would agree that the "thing" pointing out of the front of the car is a mesh error but I'm puzzled why it would be caused by reskinning.

That would be my understanding. Admittedly its a grey area. Uploading to the DLS would be sharing with the "public" but I guess giving a copy to a friend might not. However, it would still be within the definition of sharing. So perhaps you should keep it to yourself.

I would agree that the "thing" pointing out of the front of the car is a mesh error but I'm puzzled why it would be caused by reskinning.

Actually, reskinning SOLVED the problem.

There is a strange problem with Camscott's Annie and Clarabel. This picture will explain all:

CCP2013-06-1615-38-43-83_zps3f43e3be.png

You see the long thing in front? That's my problem: I have no idea how to get rid of it and it annoys me. Some may suggest reskinning one of the faceless models into a faced version, and I actually tried that. It worked with Annie, but Clarabel's face is a separate texture. Does anybody have a solution?

I don't have any problem whatsoever with this version of Clarabel. But the one and only thing that bothers me is that I think her face is on the wrong side of the coach. It should be on the same side as the guard compartment, so she would be facing backwards, just like the TVS version always has. Can her face be moved by using reskinning software?

Very odd. Maybe it became transparent.

Since the offending drawbar (?) seems to be a distinctive color, it should be possible to find it on the texture map and turn it clear in alpha. OP may have done that inadvertently while reskinning.

Per later poster: Likewise, if the two ends are separate on the texture map, it may be possible to simply select the parts of the map used for them and switch them for each other.

Back