Trainz 2012, registered etc but cannot download stuff from download station. Was OK.

grizz

Hi,
I suddenly cannot download from the download station when I use the download marker, my content does not open. Any ideas, it is registered and was all OK for ages.
Thanks.

All I seem to see is the four banners below in the DLS where all the content you are supposed to be able to download normally are... and even if you go to name your desired region, type of rolling stock, ie Diesel, Steam, Tanker, etc... All the items have gone AWOL...I have a previously registered version of TRS 12, but the normal DLS listings are not there in the DLS at all... I went in to download some missing assets and dependencies, and could not find anything below the category thumbnails like Locomotive, Scenery, Rolling Stock... and all I got were the four advertising banners for some steam locomotives....looks like the DLS has disappeared....???? I am left scratching my head

Thanks, seems strange as it was OK a few days ago, but my content manager will not open or register my trying to download. Will be away so will check on my return.

I don't think you are the only one having this issue, grizz. I had the same problem yesterday and then retried later and everything was fine.

All I seem to see is the four banners below in the DLS where all the content you are supposed to be able to download normally are... and even if you go to name your desired region, type of rolling stock, ie Diesel, Steam, Tanker, etc... All the items have gone AWOL...I have a previously registered version of TRS 12, but the normal DLS listings are not there in the DLS at all... I went in to download some missing assets and dependencies, and could not find anything below the category thumbnails like Locomotive, Scenery, Rolling Stock... and all I got were the four advertising banners for some steam locomotives....looks like the DLS has disappeared....???? I am left scratching my head

You need to register your copy of Trainz in order to download from the DLS.

John

Thanks John... I have a copy of TRS 12 and went to register it, only to find that it is already registered (under my previous ID), and I did write a letter to helpdesk to ask them to help me pick up the old threads from before, because I had forgotten a temporary password something like xxxx that was given to me when I had trouble logging in with my previoius password, becaues I could not get back into the Auran site (I had done a cleandown of my computer, and guess what!... I had also deleted the MS publisher doccument with my Trainz Password on it) with that temporary passowrd of xxxx or whatever it was), and the only way I could get back in and resume again was to form a new username and password... so it was like losing the keys to your own house and later finding that you had locked yourself out...Oh Gosh!...

Last edited by a moderator:
Good deal. This will get your accounts merged and you should be good to go. Let us know if you need anymore help.

Just an FYI. I removed your password from your post. Never, ever post a password in the forums or anywhere online for that matter. This is not just a Trainz issue, but a security issue. It would be like making copies of your house keys and giving them out to the world! :eek:

John

no serial number came withTRS10-EE

:eek: Aggghh! No Serial Number John!... I have just recieved the copy I ordered of TRS 10EE, just opened it up,ready to install and then register with planet auran, look for the new serial number on the back of the manual, and there isn't... I know it is usually pasted onto the back fo the manual but it is missing... hee-allp!... Eek!... I can't invent one, so how do i get one when one happens to be missing? I have put in a ticket to the helpdesk but will most likely need to wait until Auran can issue me one for my newly recieved copy of TRS 10EE... I do have TRS 12 and can use that for the time being until a serial number for my new TRS10 is given to me....I guess this doesn't happen very often for a serial number not to come in the box on the back of the manual....
At this stage I am still only getting the four banners in DLS....and was all ready to register this copy of TRS 10 so that I would have at least one serial number in planet auran that would open it up for me to start downloading...

I just looked in Simulator Central, the new site for Auran where it says 'Your Serial Number' but there is nothing there for me as far as a serial number for my newly recieved TRS 10EE... I had gone there since writing this earlier paragraph, but I think at present this only applies to digital downloads like contz and blue comet, both of which I have in the past downloaded got the serial numbers and then registered them in planet auran...so I will just have to get one from Auran and go on with the installation, because I cannot go any further with the installaction of TRS10EE, and go on using my present copy of TRS 12, which is already registered in planet auran, and get Auran to send me one that will work and can be reigistered.

Last edited:
Same with me I have 2012 and it does same and someone already registered serial number. Also i bought Trainz 12. Someone already registered serial number before me.

Ah, yes, I remember him from about a year ago. I offered to "sign on" as a pirate, second class! I think he had a similar problem back then. With a handle like that, who can trust you?

Cheers....Rick

Back