Indonesian Trainz

Nice, the second one tried to infect my computer, my anti-virus killed it.
As for the others, except for jirctrainz, too much hassle with logins and convoluted downloads.
Until they learn to use the DLS, I'll pass.

Good thing that Japan also uses 1067 (3ft -6in) track so many of their DLS rolling stock can be used without having the wheels floating outside the rails.

Last edited:
Finally I can post my screenshot again, after yesterday I was unable to post due to very slow loading
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg
at Trainz Image Portal

While Google Earth is great to find the general location of the tracks, it is not detailed enough to see the individual tracks and turnouts. Does anyone know of a site that shows all the details for tracks in Java and more specifically in and around Jakarta? Looking for something similar to http://www.sporenplan.nl/index.html
I can guess and place turnouts where ever I think they would be useful in my interpretation of the KRL routes but it would be nice to know how they are actually placed.

An update on my progress -a slight delay. Since I normally use standard gauge track, all my track and turnout guides are made for the 1435 mm between the rails. So I had to take a timeout to make a new turnout guide for 1067 mm. Here we see them being used near Jakarta Kota to place the turnouts at the entrance to that station.
Jakarta Kota with guides.JPG

and here is the result in Driver without those guides visible.
Jakarta Kota without guides.JPG

Except for the some surrounding buildings, no landscaping has done nor have any other details been added. The final locations of the tracks between stations is not yet fixed so there is no point in going too far with those details.

According to streetview in Google Earth, most of the tracks are behind tall solid concrete fences so there are not many views from the cabin nor of the consists from the ground as they pass by. A bit restrictive but it also simplifies landscaping since few close objects can or will be seen. :eek:

June 17 2021, finally I can post my screenshot here again after some difficult times. But 2021 also gives happy news for us, my wife is pregnant after waiting for 14 years, thanks God.

.. good news itok99 .. lots of luck and strength ..
and thankz again for the pics
grtz
daveric

The green CC5019
(snipped)

If anyone wonders what kind of signal right beside the locomotive, it is the Krian-type roundel signal (NL: Krianinrichtingen, ID: sinyal tebeng tipe Krian) that once used as the definitive standard for railway signalling in the former Staatsspoorwegen (SS) lines of Indonesian Railways before the introduction of semaphore signals. Unfortunately this very classic mechanical signal has been largely replaced by the more modern Siemens & Halske (S&H) semaphore signals (which eventually replaced by the electric light signals), or even decommisioned right after the closure of branch lines (in this case the famous Panarukan Line had its Krian signals were decommisioned, with one of the example at Tamanan station was later moved to the museum at Ambarawa).

If anyone wonders what kind of signal right beside the locomotive, it is the Krian-type roundel signal (NL: Krianinrichtingen, ID: sinyal tebeng tipe Krian) that once used as the definitive standard for railway signalling in the former Staatsspoorwegen (SS) lines of Indonesian Railways before the introduction of semaphore signals. Unfortunately this very classic mechanical signal has been largely replaced by the more modern Siemens & Halske (S&H) semaphore signals (which eventually replaced by the electric light signals), or even decommisioned right after the closure of branch lines (in this case the famous Panarukan Line had its Krian signals were decommisioned, with one of the example at Tamanan station was later moved to the museum at Ambarawa).

Thanks for your explanation about the signal mas Arya, here is another screenshot of CC5019

Interesting light effects! Looked green in the first pic, black in this one. That tender looks like it was made for a long day's work!

And if you see the tender closely, you will see that the fuel bunker is occupied by large capacity oil tank. This is because Indonesian Railways converted half of their steam locomotives to oil-burning from late 1950s to 1960s, causing these locomotives to have their numberplates being painted in red with gold or white letters (as opposed to coal or wood-burning locos, which sports black numberplates with gold or white letters).

Back