Indonesian Trainz

Besuk Senin lagi
:sleep:
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Very nice shots people !
My parents were both born in Indonesia (Bandung and Djokdjakarta) though from European origin, in '49 they came to Holland
I am 1/16 th Indonesian :) Your screens make me visit the country where part of my roots are, after the covid is done I will finally visit it.
@zsuda: what a nice site you have !

My parents were both born in Indonesia (Bandung and Djokdjakarta) though from European origin, in '49 they came to Holland
I am 1/16 th Indonesian :) Your screens make me visit the country where part of my roots are, after the covid is done I will finally visit it.

I hope you could visit Indonesia after COVID finally ends for good. :)
Of course Indonesia's railway lines, particularly those of PT Kereta Api Indonesia as the national operator that inherits lines built by Staatsspoorwegen (SS), Nederlands-Indische Spoorweg Maatschappij (NIS) etc still had many things kept from the days of Dutch East Indies like station buildings, regulations etc. ;)

Great looking pictures your showing here.......The lighting you have looks terrific in your Photo's too......:cool:

and "My 1st screenshot here in 2021, hopefully everyone here is in health and good condition." I send a prayer over to your Country as well, that this Covid Illness will pass............

Have a Blessed Sunday :wave:

I've always had an interest in Indonesian rail and after following this thread for some time, I made a simple search on the DLS using "Indonesia" as the keyword. 74 objects were found including several routes. Once they were downloaded only 10 were OK, all the rest had missing dependencies.

Then I had a look at those with nothing missing.
Three routes, all titled Indonesia National were the same with different usernames and kuids. They all had 9 baseboards, about 3 km of track and a single station.
There is anther called Religion Indonesia with a single station about 700 m of track and many empty baseboards in a single line. I had to look twice but that is really the name of the route.

I won't comment on the other routes because they have missing assets other than to say they appear to have more baseboards, tracks and other objects. But several also appear to be copies of each other and most suffer for the north-south and east-west syndrome, that is to say that the tracks run either due north-south or due east-west and seldom if every at any other angle. Since I see real station names and with Google Earth it is relatively easy to find the true direction and distance between stations, it would be nice if there was some attempt to respect that. Unless they are supposed to be fantasy routes with only coincidental name matches then it doesn't really matter except that for a bit of variety, a few tracks at different orientation would be nice.

Next I tried using "Java" as a keyword and found 11 other objects including 6 routes. Only three had no missing dependencies.
One has only three baseboards and no tracks or any other objects. Another is a single baseboard with a few objects. The third has 7 baseboards and a is a bit more developed - but barely.

Why were any of these work-in-progress routes even uploaded unless it is intended that others continue working on them.

If there are other Indonesian based routes, that show the beauty and variety of Indonesia, please point them out. I see many fine screenshots here so they must exist, unless they have not been uploaded.

... If there are other Indonesian based routes, that show the beauty and variety of Indonesia, please point them out. I see many fine screenshots here so they must exist, unless they have not been uploaded ...
... i support that request ...

On the subject of Indonesian rail screen shots, where are the engines and other rolling stock located? I looked on the DLS but was not able to find them.

On the subject of Indonesian rail screen shots, where are the engines and other rolling stock located? I looked on the DLS but was not able to find them.

For this issue, most of the engines and other rolling stocks are located on 3rd party sites (either it could be free or pay), or even the creator shared it only on social media like Facebook. The worst thing, however, is some of exceptionally high-quality contents are only accessible by limited amount of users (primarily those who are acquaintances of the creator), due to the creator decided to completely limits the access to his / her contents as part of prevention from being illegally redistributed by someone outside his / her circle. I had to admit that illegal redistribution of content is still a very serious problem here in Indonesia, and it is not something strange when one of the creator of Trainz add-ons in Indonesia publicly announced the decision for permanently taking down his / her content from the site in social media due to illegal redistribution problem, normally followed by the decision to limit the distribution of the contents to those who are his / her acquaintances.

ADDITIONAL INFO: some of the creators in Indonesia are somewhat could be categorized as "able to create something, but having the result not as good as what the customer expected or even not delivered", even if he / she (the creator) is already experienced in creating a content for Trainz Simulator, so I would remind everyone here to be careful with the kind of those annoying creators.

Last edited:
After some thought I decided to see what a Trainz map of Jakarta would look like. Based on coordinates obtained from Google Earth, located the major train stations in and around the city covering an area of about 13 x 14 km. From Tanjung Priok in the north east to Klender in the south east to Palmerah in the south west to Jakarta-Kota in the north west. No attempt has been made to accurately model the stations nor the many tracks in the neighbourhood. Nor has any terrain or water been modelled.
Jakarta.JPG

Now comes the hard part, filling in the details. That can be quick or slow, depending on how much and how accurate it is. It also depends on how many of the iconic objects are available on the DLS.
When? Don't ask! For me, Trainz is a labour of love and a hobby. I work on it as long as it is fun. When I get tired or bored, I put it aside until the feeling strikes again.

After some thought I decided to see what a Trainz map of Jakarta would look like. Based on coordinates obtained from Google Earth, located the major train stations in and around the city covering an area of about 13 x 14 km. From Tanjung Priok in the north east to Klender in the south east to Palmerah in the south west to Jakarta-Kota in the north west. No attempt has been made to accurately model the stations nor the many tracks in the neighbourhood. Nor has any terrain or water been modelled.

(image snipped)

Now comes the hard part, filling in the details. That can be quick or slow, depending on how much and how accurate it is. It also depends on how many of the iconic objects are available on the DLS.
When? Don't ask! For me, Trainz is a labour of love and a hobby. I work on it as long as it is fun. When I get tired or bored, I put it aside until the feeling strikes again.

It's exciting that you've made a great start for recreating it in Trainz! From my personal opinion, modelling the area around Manggarai station would be the hardest part alongside the area around Jakarta Kota and Tanjung Priok, since it also contains the area of Manggarai Workshops (Balai Yasa Manggarai) and Bukit Duri Depot, as in the following pictures (beware of large pictures):

1. Manggarai Workshops

Satellite-BY-MRI.png

2. Bukit Duri Depot

Satellite-BUD.png

Regards,

Arya.

I had to admit that he (martinvk) has started a somewhat ambitious project, although it only covers the most populated part of Greater Jakarta Division of Indonesian Railways. In reality, the Greater Jakarta Division is still underwent very drastic changes like the renovation of station buildings, construction of new trackage for increasing traffic capacity etc.

Back