Indonesian Trainz

I think this is pak Daveric's favourite trainzspotting place :D
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Niceee, Mr itok99. What a great pics, it s very rare from Indonesian Trainz Community to have this content :cool:. i'd like to see more of this hehe

Steam Locomotive Dutch Indies 1435mm

Hi, glad to see you all, i am new member here. since i am new in here, here's my post about the former indonesian steam locomotive too, it maybe related to this thread
Another from Indonesian Trainz Content, (formerly known as Netherland Indische/Dutch Indies) NIS 3 J.P de Bordes (0-4-2, built by Beyer Peacock) & NIS 121 W.Poolman (2-6-0, built by Hartmann), still WIP because it's very few the reference.

NIS-3-J.P-de-Bordes-%26-NIS-121-W.Poolman%2C-at-Lempuyangan-Roundhouse.jpg

Hi, glad to see you all, i am new member here. since i am new in here, here's my post about the former indonesian steam locomotive too, it maybe related to this thread
Another from Indonesian Trainz Content, (formerly known as Netherland Indische/Dutch Indies) NIS 3 J.P de Bordes (0-4-2, built by Beyer Peacock) & NIS 121 W.Poolman (2-6-0, built by Hartmann), still WIP because it's very few the reference.

(snipped)

Nice to see that standard gauge locomotives of NIS starts to take its shape in Trainz, as many of Indonesian steam locomotives in Trainz are still dominated by 1067mm fleets. :)

hahahaha, as long as i enjoy the process, i have no doubts about what is gonna happen in the future :D:D

Trainzers who had their ancestors once worked in railway companies in Nederlands-Indies would be happy to see the steam locos of NIS, SS, SJS etc are resurrected in Trainz Simulator. :hehe:

.. thankyou very much ariawan (itok99) for your thoughts to me in #342 and #343 .. i'm still wishing i could be there in your scenes ..
and very, very much luck and wisdom for your daughter .. i wish you and your family all the strength and health ..
grtz
daveric

Steam Locomotive Dutch Indies 1067mm

PNKA DD 50 03 ex SS 1203

The SS 1200 aka DD 50 unit is actually just an imaginary numbering made during the world war 2 era, the Japanese occupation. This unit is original from the first batch of SS 1201-1208 series (if I'm not mistaken). the difference between the DD 50 and DD 51 is not that significant, only the difference in some component details (chimney, lamp cover, cowcatcher headlights, and tender model). The DD 50 is known to have not been seen crossing since the Dutch East Indies malaise crisis, the 1930s.

a screenshot idea if only the DD50 units weren't in the cage in the 1930s, early 1960s-1970s it might still be operational though its days are short.

Steam-Dutch-Indies-op-Java%2C-SS-1203-aka-PNKA-DD-50-03.jpg

Gondeschbahn Creation :cool:

PNKA DD 50 03 ex SS 1203

The SS 1200 aka DD 50 unit is actually just an imaginary numbering made during the world war 2 era, the Japanese occupation. This unit is original from the first batch of SS 1201-1208 series (if I'm not mistaken). the difference between the DD 50 and DD 51 is not that significant, only the difference in some component details (chimney, lamp cover, cowcatcher headlights, and tender model). The DD 50 is known to have not been seen crossing since the Dutch East Indies malaise crisis, the 1930s.

a screenshot idea if only the DD50 units weren't in the cage in the 1930s, early 1960s-1970s it might still be operational though its days are short.

(snipped)

Gondeschbahn Creation :cool:

Some additional information for those who haven't know the real problem faced by SS regarding the SS1200:

Early 8 units categorized as 1st batch of SS1200 locomotives were already considered as "obsolete" in late 1930s due to its unusually very high fuel consumption for such a bad technical performance, and even there were more technical problems that caused the 8 units to be permanently removed from service. Because of this, they were not included in the modification works intended for fixing technical problems suffered by the SS1200 locomotives (the modification itself only covers the later 12 units of 2nd batch that were renamed into DD51, and all of 1250 series subgroup that were renamed into DD52). In fact, the actual replacement locomotives for early 8 units of SS1200 (classified as DD50 by Japanese but merely for administration purposes) were the SS1600 (CC50), which had better performance than SS1200.

And I'm sure that Mr. Daveric's late grandfather was also facing this problem when he was still serving as the chief of Purwakarta Locomotive Depot back in 1920s. :eek:

Passenger Rolling Stock / Sarana Kereta 1067mm

SAGL 9001 (Eendaagsche Express 1929) x SAGW 9001 (Bima 1967) at Sidotopo Marshalling Yard

Codifitcation/Codificatie :
S : Slapen/sleeper
A : Eerste/first class
G : Gang/compartement
L : Vaccum brake
W : Westinghouse brake

SAGL-9000-%28Eendaagsche-Express-1929%29-x-SAGW-%28Bima-1967%29-at-Sidotopo-Marshalling-Yard.jpg

SAGL 9001 (Eendaagsche Express 1929) x SAGW 9001 (Bima 1967) at Sidotopo Marshalling Yard

Codifitcation/Codificatie :
S : Slapen/sleeper
A : Eerste/first class
G : Gang/compartement
L : Vaccum brake
W : Westinghouse brake

(snipped for preserving the historical value of SAGL-9000 and SAGW-9000)

Technically post-independence passenger coaches ordered in the DKA period and so on were built as 20m-bodied coaches (except for some types like CL-8500, which has shorter body and was intended for local trains), but because large portion of railway network in Indonesia is composed of ex-SS ones (including the SS-based regulations) it became clear why they were also numbered in 9000 series like those ordered by SS (before the introduction of 1986-style numbering system like KT-67701, KD3-87202, K3-66501, M1-84701, BP-95803 etc).

Last edited:
It's been a while since I uploaded my last screenshot here because now I'm a father of beautiful baby girl :D
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
Back