Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Indonesian Trainz

Quote Originally Posted by martinvk View Post
    On the subject of Indonesian rail screen shots, where are the engines and other rolling stock located? I looked on the DLS but was not able to find them.
    For this issue, most of the engines and other rolling stocks are located on 3rd party sites (either it could be free or pay), or even the creator shared it only on social media like Facebook. The worst thing, however, is some of exceptionally high-quality contents are only accessible by limited amount of users (primarily those who are acquaintances of the creator), due to the creator decided to completely limits the access to his / her contents as part of prevention from being illegally redistributed by someone outside his / her circle. I had to admit that illegal redistribution of content is still a very serious problem here in Indonesia, and it is not something strange when one of the creator of Trainz add-ons in Indonesia publicly announced the decision for permanently taking down his / her content from the site in social media due to illegal redistribution problem, normally followed by the decision to limit the distribution of the contents to those who are his / her acquaintances.

ADDITIONAL INFO: some of the creators in Indonesia are somewhat could be categorized as "able to create something, but having the result not as good as what the customer expected or even not delivered", even if he / she (the creator) is already experienced in creating a content for Trainz Simulator, so I would remind everyone here to be careful with the kind of those annoying creators.
    Last edited by aryadwi_ef641030; February 15th, 2021 at 07:56 AM.
    "Prepare for the worst, even if the result is actually better than the expected"

Blog Entries

After some thought I decided to see what a Trainz map of Jakarta would look like. Based on coordinates obtained from Google Earth, located the major train stations in and around the city covering an area of about 13 x 14 km. From Tanjung Priok in the north east to Klender in the south east to Palmerah in the south west to Jakarta-Kota in the north west. No attempt has been made to accurately model the stations nor the many tracks in the neighbourhood. Nor has any terrain or water been modelled.

Now comes the hard part, filling in the details. That can be quick or slow, depending on how much and how accurate it is. It also depends on how many of the iconic objects are available on the DLS.
    When? Don't ask! For me, Trainz is a labour of love and a hobby. I work on it as long as it is fun. When I get tired or bored, I put it aside until the feeling strikes again.

70337:
    TRS19 Platinum, build 110491 SP2, Win10 Pro 64 bit, i7-7700 3.6GHz 16 GB, GTX 1070 Ti

Quote Originally Posted by martinvk View Post
    After some thought I decided to see what a Trainz map of Jakarta would look like. Based on coordinates obtained from Google Earth, located the major train stations in and around the city covering an area of about 13 x 14 km. From Tanjung Priok in the north east to Klender in the south east to Palmerah in the south west to Jakarta-Kota in the north west. No attempt has been made to accurately model the stations nor the many tracks in the neighbourhood. Nor has any terrain or water been modelled.

(image snipped)

Now comes the hard part, filling in the details. That can be quick or slow, depending on how much and how accurate it is. It also depends on how many of the iconic objects are available on the DLS.
    When? Don't ask! For me, Trainz is a labour of love and a hobby. I work on it as long as it is fun. When I get tired or bored, I put it aside until the feeling strikes again.
    It's exciting that you've made a great start for recreating it in Trainz! From my personal opinion, modelling the area around Manggarai station would be the hardest part alongside the area around Jakarta Kota and Tanjung Priok, since it also contains the area of Manggarai Workshops (Balai Yasa Manggarai) and Bukit Duri Depot, as in the following pictures (beware of large pictures):

1. Manggarai Workshops

2. Bukit Duri Depot

Regards,

Arya.
    "Prepare for the worst, even if the result is actually better than the expected"

That looks like a highly ambitious project, but I think it would be gorgeous, even in individual parts!
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

I had to admit that he (martinvk) has started a somewhat ambitious project, although it only covers the most populated part of Greater Jakarta Division of Indonesian Railways. In reality, the Greater Jakarta Division is still underwent very drastic changes like the renovation of station buildings, construction of new trackage for increasing traffic capacity etc.

Blog Entries

Nice, the second one tried to infect my computer, my anti-virus killed it.
    As for the others, except for jirctrainz, too much hassle with logins and convoluted downloads.
    Until they learn to use the DLS, I'll pass.

Good thing that Japan also uses 1067 (3ft -6in) track so many of their DLS rolling stock can be used without having the wheels floating outside the rails.
    Last edited by martinvk; February 19th, 2021 at 11:25 PM.

70337:
    TRS19 Platinum, build 110491 SP2, Win10 Pro 64 bit, i7-7700 3.6GHz 16 GB, GTX 1070 Ti

Finally I can post my screenshot again, after yesterday I was unable to post due to very slow loading at Trainz Image Portal

Blog Entries

While Google Earth is great to find the general location of the tracks, it is not detailed enough to see the individual tracks and turnouts. Does anyone know of a site that shows all the details for tracks in Java and more specifically in and around Jakarta? Looking for something similar to http://www.sporenplan.nl/index.html
    I can guess and place turnouts where ever I think they would be useful in my interpretation of the KRL routes but it would be nice to know how they are actually placed.

70337:

Blog Entries

Thumbs down Warning: infected site

Tried to visit
    http://indonesiatrainzcontent.weebly.com/
    Alot of re-directions and attempts to infect me.

Are there any clean Indonesian Trainz content sites?

70337:

Blog Entries

An update on my progress -a slight delay. Since I normally use standard gauge track, all my track and turnout guides are made for the 1435 mm between the rails. So I had to take a timeout to make a new turnout guide for 1067 mm. Here we see them being used near Jakarta Kota to place the turnouts at the entrance to that station.

and here is the result in Driver without those guides visible.

Except for the some surrounding buildings, no landscaping has done nor have any other details been added. The final locations of the tracks between stations is not yet fixed so there is no point in going too far with those details.

According to streetview in Google Earth, most of the tracks are behind tall solid concrete fences so there are not many views from the cabin nor of the consists from the ground as they pass by. A bit restrictive but it also simplifies landscaping since few close objects can or will be seen.

70337:

CC 201 83 31 in vintage PJKA livery

Stopping at "Kebun Semangka" station (or Watermelon Garden Station)

June 17 2021, finally I can post my screenshot here again after some difficult times. But 2021 also gives happy news for us, my wife is pregnant after waiting for 14 years, thanks God.

.. good news itok99 .. lots of luck and strength ..
    and thankz again for the pics
    grtz
    daveric

My old screenshot