Virginia & Truckee

How Big

Rob so far I have finished 48 boards, some texturing and track grading on another 30 or so more and around 900 still to go.(shudder) How did you like Gods and Generals?

Cheers

Collin

The complete Virginia & Truckee plus parts of connecting RRs the Central Pacific, the Carson & Colorado and the connection in Reno on the CP of the Nevada California Oregon

The DEM is over 1000 boards but once finished some will be trimmed off as I can determine where horizon views end.

Two more pictures from Collin:
The Gold Hill depot is now in place:
Carson_at_the_Gold_Hill_Depot.JPG

and a second mogul (the Virginia City switch engine No. 4, 'Virginia') is shown crossing the low trestle just south of the Ophir mine in Virginia City.
Virginia_on_the_Ophir_mainline_trestle_.JPG

Hi,

Nice, very nice!!

Don't know why, but the scenes speak to me in a way I seldom experience now a days in Trainz - thanks for showing of scenes like this!!

Models look great when I put my eyes on them for the first time - this map looks so promising I almost - but just almost ;) - regret I haven't helped you guys out with content specific for the area.
Then again, Pencil42 seem to have a good hang of things - you are getting there, maybe I need to get back to it so you don't "catch up" on me. ;)

Best wishes

Linda

:cool: Not bad so far! It's been quite a while, Collin! Where've you been? Keep up the good work! And daylightlimited, Collin said those locos will be released with the route, however, bdaneal, who made the 4-4-0, has 2 other ones on his site.
Could i get a link to that site? Looks great? If my computer can handle it i'm getting it!

Content in Screenshots

Curtis you are way too modest, the screenshots were mine only so I could show your superb new work. The Gold Hill Depot, the Ophir mainline trestle, No 4 the Virginia and your upgrade of No 5 the Carson. For those of you who dont know all of the content shown in these pics is the work of Curtis including the Track and Road splines and the buildings of the Con Virginia Mine on the right of the Ophir trestle pic. The textures,trees, shrubs, etc are the work of David Drake.

Linda thanks for the kind words. The area I am working on at the moment between Virginia City and Gold Hill has a mine called the East Yellowjacket for which we have not been able to find any pics or plans. Do you have any interactive mines we could use for it that have a standard guage track attached. I have also uncovered another collection of pics of mines and mills of Nevada and California. If you would like copies of them, email me and I will send them to you.

Cheers

Collin

Man this is looking good ;) seeing the pics of this inspired me to fiddle with my horse soldier testing map LOL Love a good Western ...Dont we all.......Great work I a waiting on this one parrdner :D

Rob so far I have finished 48 boards, some texturing and track grading on another 30 or so more and around 900 still to go.(shudder) How did you like Gods and Generals?

Cheers

Collin

HHHhhhhhow many??????????:eek: I don't think the NASA computers can hold that many boards for a single layout, it would take my computer 3 or 4 days just to load that route!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Update Shots

At present I am working on the area between Virginia City and Gold Hill. Here are 2 examples from the map between the Combination and East Yellowjacket spurs

No 4 Virginia pushing a string of emty ore cars.

Virginia_Backing_a_sting_of_empties.JPG

Heading towards the East Yellowjacket.
Virginia_Backing_a_sting_of_empties_2.JPG

Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks, everybody! Your comments mean a lot to us :)

The 'Reno' (No. 11) joins the road! Bdaneal has been hard at work on the locomotives, and has also updated the 'Inyo'. Both tenders now have an operating water hatch in addition to the animated wood load.

Inyo___Reno_2.JPG

Inyo___Reno.JPG

Back