Virginia & Truckee

Is there an intention to release a preliminary version of this route for TRS2019.

Someday; for whatever version of Trainz is current at the time. If I get it to a point were most of the custom stuff is finished enough to put on the DLS, I'll post a version for people to play with. Unfortunately, there's quite a bit of work between something that looks OK in a screenshot, and something that actually good enough to put on the DLS. Multiply that by about a hundred assets, and it might be a while :/
This next year will probably be taken working on 1869 CP / UP stuff. Plans change, though....

Curtis

edit: Screenshot thread......

reno_1923.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good! Looking forward to seeing that Lyon model! Also, will it be much longer before we can get updates of your tracks that have the rail endcaps restored...?

;) What a beautiful and truly scenic Route you have there Pencil.....:cool:

Thank you for the fantastic pictures, you quite the Artist for sure..........Made my night........:p

Last edited:
Thanks!

First passenger depot at Virginia City (October 1870). It still exists and is once again the Virginia City depot of the (restored) V&T.
20191019125207-ee502fad.png

Pencil42,
Those are some really nice shots of the route. It looks great! For the shot of the first passenger trains, I'm guessing that the coach passengers were riding up front and the first class got the enclosed passenger car. Gotta love those railroad amenities.

The route looks wonderful.

Heinrich505

Thanks, Heinrich! The excursion in #187 was the initial run of the line's first passenger car, and as such, they used flats (aka platform cars) to handle the additional load. Throughout their history, they would continue to use modified flats for overflow seating for picnic or excursion trains.
One note; one of the passengers wrote a piece in the newspaper about a similar excursion train a little later; he said:
We, like all the rest of the male passengers, preferred the forward deck to the cabin, so the platform cars were the favorite resort for the interested lookouts, where we might gloat over the rude, sterile sagebrush scenery, and shout greetings, as we passed, to the Chinese laborers scattered along the line of the road, keeping it in order. The grand difficulty were to keep run of the locomotive. At one time it was to the windward and next minute to the leeward.

(Gold Hill Daily News; Jan 21, 1870)

Congratulations Pencil42, this is a impressivw great reconstitution of a route and idem for all the amazing stuff your created ans shared with all of us ! Thank You very much and keep up the good work !
Pete

Wooden Trestle Walkway Asset you are using......

Thanks!

First passenger depot at Virginia City (October 1870). It still exists and is once again the Virginia City depot of the (restored) V&T.

Hello Pencil42,

:D If I may, what is the name of that Wooden Trestle Walkway you have over the 3 Track Stubs......:cool: And I really like the fact you were able to Curve it.......:hehe: Can't always do that much with certain Bridge Structures....

It looks really cool............:wave:

Hi Blue,
Those are 18inch mine trestle splines from Shortline2.

Hope that helps!
Curtis

:D Found from the name you gave me..........:udrool: Going to put this to good work, just need to make sure all the Bolts are Tightened and secure..........:hehe:

Thank you Sir.........:wave:

Just popped in for a minute, And your latest work photos look terrific.........:p

Reno is a city in the northwest section of the U.S. state of Nevada, along the Nevada-California border, about 22 miles north from Lake Tahoe, known as "The Biggest Little City in the World". Wikipedia

Thank you for sharing.......:wave:

Back