ATLS system......again.

It wont work for me anyway stagecoach......no matter where i insert a spline point the traffic still shoots beyond the crossing.......boat has stated that i require the invisible train but i'm unable to download that asset.........a good system but it wont work for me.

It wont work for me anyway stagecoach......no matter where i insert a spline point the traffic still shoots beyond the crossing.......boat has stated that i require the invisible train but i'm unable to download that asset.........a good system but it wont work for me.

I'm not quite clear whether you are saying cars will not stop in the correct place... or they will not stop at all?

If they won't stop in the correct place then you may need a Stopper on BOTH sides of the crossing. It they won't stop at all, then it's the lack of Inv Train which is on the DLS and you should be able to download. The link I gave you works for me but you need to be logged in to Auran. Go to https://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS.php and log in your user name and password if you have not already done so. Then 'search' for Invisible Train. (Tick the TRS 2004 box first). Have you registered your copy of TS 2009?

Don't be put off by what people say about Service Packs. While they can be frustrating to install and stop some assets working, (almost all because the asset had a problem in the first place), the Service Pack will improve your product. The base TS 2009 had many issues and is vastly improved if you install all the packs! (Including CMP issues).

I will be updating the Slave and Inv train soon so wait for that if you like.

Boat

I'm using the same method of stopper placement you recommended in your tutorials........and yes....the traffic does stop in turn but no matter what I do with the spline points the traffic ALWAYS over shoots the crossing.....moving the stoppers as you suggested does nothing i'm afraid............the ATLS stopper and slave are now showing as red in my surveyor list...........I will look out for any updates and will reluctantly have to abandon it at this time......haven't given up for good though.....thanks for the help.

I'm not quite clear whether you are saying cars will not stop in the correct place... or they will not stop at all?

If they won't stop in the correct place then you may need a Stopper on BOTH sides of the crossing. It they won't stop at all, then it's the lack of Inv Train which is on the DLS and you should be able to download. The link I gave you works for me but you need to be logged in to Auran. Go to https://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS.php and log in your user name and password if you have not already done so. Then 'search' for Invisible Train. (Tick the TRS 2004 box first). Have you registered your copy of TS 2009?

Don't be put off by what people say about Service Packs. While they can be frustrating to install and stop some assets working, (almost all because the asset had a problem in the first place), the Service Pack will improve your product. The base TS 2009 had many issues and is vastly improved if you install all the packs! (Including CMP issues).

I will be updating the Slave and Inv train soon so wait for that if you like.

Boat

Looking forward to that update as I'm using TS12 with SP1 and all hotfixes and the invisible train won't show. CMP says it's installed but it still lists as a missing on assets that require it.

Looking forward to that update as I'm using TS12 with SP1 and all hotfixes and the invisible train won't show. CMP says it's installed but it still lists as a missing on assets that require it.

Hi boc61.... Well that's a new one. The main problem I have found is regarding the update of the Slave/Inv train by N3V in TS 12, (just SP1 I think - I'm also running SP1 with HF3 so can't tell if it was there before). More info here..... http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?102242-ATLS-Question&highlight=ATLS

I am still waiting to hear from the Help Desk for some clarification. I'll give them another day or so but if nothing then I will update in the way I think will work best. Probably an issue 2 for the Inv Train and an issue 7 for the Slave. In fact most of my ATLS assets will need to have an 'update'. The Controller and Triggers on TS 12 SP1 are not the same as the same number kuid on the DLS. Script is improved on the DLS version! The new Inv train and Slave etc will be Trainz Build 2.9. Hope it sorts your problem too!

Boat

Last edited:
It's really strange . If you bring up the Slave in CM, it shows as missing and on the DLS. If you drag it to the download box is shows the update available icon, but no updste downloads. All the while if you search for it in CM it shows as installed and error free.

This might be because the kuid table refers to the older style kuid number but trainz is looking at the newer kuids. What ive done in the past is alter the kuid table of an asset to read kuid2 numbers and not kuid numbers. I believe trainz sees the older number as kuid2:***:***:1.

Hi Keith,

Well Trainz should see a base kuid as kuid2:***:***:0 but its all very odd! Changing the kuid-table entry of the asset using the Invisible train to the actual kuid of the invisible train would probably stop the problems..... But if its a built-in asset you're changing, it may break it.... and if it does it could be re-install to get it back, (though you might be able to 'revert to original'). Depends how lucky you're feeling.

Mike

EDIT - Just seen another thread where the inv train issue is showing as 'missing'. I'm out this morning but I won't wait any longer. I will put next-kuid-up assets to obsolete the TS12 built-in ones on the DLS this evening

Last edited:
I noticed I cannot run 2010 on my computer. While my CPU appears to be fast enough, the trouble seems to be a slow graphics card. Could the problem your experiencing be a hardware problem?

I noticed I cannot run 2010 on my computer. While my CPU appears to be fast enough, the trouble seems to be a slow graphics card. Could the problem your experiencing be a hardware problem?

Hi, thanks for the thought but I think in this case there are a number of other factors involved.

The recent update of TS12 has involved updating several assets and N3V seem to have decided to increase the Kuid issue number with their updates. This is normally good practice since it indicates a change to an asset. Unfortunately I think their work on that coincided with me issuing a seperate update to some of my assets for other reasons. Consequently we have a situation of 2 'same issue number' assets, one on the DLS and the other built-in to TS 12 SP1. I think some thought might need to go into this for the future.

The other problem is that a particular script call on one of my assets does not work if the asset it refers to changes its issue number. This is unusual as normally an increase in issue number.... from say kuid:76656:1158 to kuid2:76656:1158:1, (the next issue up) will not cause a problem. Unfortunatley in this case it has. It looks like N3V have made a script modification to get around the problem but that has not worked in some cases. Hopefully my re-issues will get over the problem. We shall see.

I would also urge hotgrove to update to TS 2009 SP4 as the base TS 2009 CMP is a bit on the flakey side.

Cheers,

Boat

I take on board what you are saying regarding service pack updates boat but i'm not going near any of them.......i'll just make do with the game as it is.....hearing far too many bad stories about them..........The ATLS system would be excellent for my tram routes if I could get it to work.....reluctantly I will have to give up on it.

OK Hotgrove. No problem.

The new assets are now on the DLS. If your version of CMP can't find them, you can always try a manual download of the cdp from the old TRS 2004 DLS. You will have to be logged on and registered for TS 2009.

Cheers,

Boat

Back