Containers - "TADTextureConvert> TrainzUtil command host terminated unexpectedly"

opus722

Electric Love!
Containers - "TADTextureConvert> TrainzUtil command host terminated unexpectedly"

Hello,

Whenever I attempt to install the JR containers I always get this when they go to commit:

Error: TADTextureConvert> TrainzUtil command host terminated unexpectedly
Message: TADInternalCopyAsset> fatal error during texture compression

I've had this problem for sometime and no one seems to have any good answers for it. The only solution I ever found was to jiggle the Hardware Acceleration Button until something happened. This doesn't work on my computer and it seems that SP1 removed that option or at least stuck it somewhere I haven't found yet. The containers are the only content from JR, or any site for that matter, that produces this error. I redownloaded the files several times and even re-installed a couple to see if it would work. Nothing. Same problem once again. It is relatively rare as I only turned up a handful of people reporting this problem over the past couple of years when I searched for solutions.

So if anyone knows how to fix this, or even what causes it, please let me know. I've been dying to run stack trains since Christmas.

Thanks in advance.

Some follow up:

I fixed this, some what, through a lot of work and effort. Basically, it looked like CMP didn't like the size of the mesh library. No idea why as they really aren't that big. I installed it without committing it, then divided the mesh library into 5 separate folders, redirected the new kuids in the husk of the original mesh library asset (now with no subfolders), and then everything installed without a hitch. This a pretty good amount of work so, please, if anyone has a simple fix let me know.

Thanks.

Back