How to make a multiplayer route

Rafter

Hello again. So i was looking at routes and i was wondering, how do people make multiplayer routes. I have TRS12 VERSION 47776. I wanted to make one but I didn't know how. Anything is greatly appreciated.l

Last edited:
Six easy steps

Easy:

1. Patch TS12 to the latest version and update all content.
  2. Make a route using only assets that are built into TS12 or from the Download Station.
  3. Upload the route to the Download Station.
  4. Make a session using only assets that are built into TS12 or from the Download Station.
  5. Add the multiplayer rule to the session.
  6. Upload the session to the Download Station.

I can see a potential problem here. Unless you are running build 49922 or the equivalent, you may find that you will be unable to host the session with others or join another multiplayer session. Can I verify that the number you've quoted is the one in the bottom right of the Launcher?

Shane

Not necessarily. It's the trainz-build number (e.g. 3.6) that matters most, as there can be differences in the build version and still be able to join in with others.

Shane

Hi guys,

Neither of these is correct. If you want to use multiplayer together with another user who has a different build of Trainz, then what matters is whether the builds are compatible with each other under the hood. Neither the version number nor the build number need be equal, however there is a compatibility list available which provides details.

kind regards,

chris

That's interesting to know. Based on what I've seen previously, I would have thought that the trainz-build would need to be the same to connect (bear in mind the hassle involved previously when Steam users of TS12 were unable to connect to non-Steam version games - this was prior to the update to the Steam version).

Shane

Back