Article: TS12 SP1 Hotfix 3 and Auto-patch Now Available

I installed the patch, but now I'm waiting for the patcher to finish repairing the database. I'm at work on lunch break, so I've left my laptop on to sort out this patch. I also disabled my firewall and my antivirus to make things go smoother.

settle and carlisle download

You will need to register the serial on Planet Auran and allow the game to download it the next time you launch the game after registering the serial.

Shane

Thanks shane. I did that but it will only recognise ts2009. I am now so despondent I am seriously thinking of deleting all trainz as it is not worth the hassle.:'(

Oh dear! My trainz told me it was out of date so looked up whats new and downloaded 49922_to_57720 followed by 57720_to_58414 and what a major mistake. I have been working on a large layout for 18 months and now parts of it are all missing. I did a quick database repair thinking it might fix it, told me there was 382 errors (which were fine before the update). I am totally screwed, what I was once so proud of now looks like ****. Im very very unhappy and wish I had never updated mine. Such a huge loss I am gutted :(

settle and carlisle

There are specific product selections for the addon packs under the Product drop-down box.

Shane

hi Shane, thanks for response. In planet auran it recognises the six serial numbers I have registered but in trainz options it will only recognise ts12. If I enter another product code an error message comes up, "invalid product code, check you are using English " I have deleted all trainz programs except ts12 but the problem still exists. I have also done an extended database repair but I think that without recognising the product code nothing will happen. thanks. Bruce:confused:

Don't bother putting the addon serials into the Trainz Options box in TS12 SP1. As long as they are registered with Planet Auran, the packs will download when you are in-game.

Shane

N3V Thank you
audrool.gif
aeek.gif
awave.gif
acool.gif
apoke.gif

Have been noticing that when I save a session or a route I get the error "Cannot write over read-only files" this happens on any route that I make with my kuid. I do multiple back to back saves and seem to get the changes to show that I have made to the route, but it is annoying when you want to test a change.

Yep, I get exactly the same thing. If you go to the layers menu and save the session layer to the route layer then save the route, there's no problem.

Cheers

Oh dear! My trainz told me it was out of date so looked up whats new and downloaded 49922_to_57720 followed by 57720_to_58414 and what a major mistake. I have been working on a large layout for 18 months and now parts of it are all missing. I did a quick database repair thinking it might fix it, told me there was 382 errors (which were fine before the update). I am totally screwed, what I was once so proud of now looks like ****. Im very very unhappy and wish I had never updated mine. Such a huge loss I am gutted :(

Sorry about the delay here, but check your \trash and \backups folders for the old content you sound you didn't safeguard. Should be there, so you can re-import it at will. Reinstall if necessary by first just renaming the folder with suffix -SP2 or SP2hf3 or whatever that final build claims to be.

That orphans the folder from the Windows Registry, and you will likely have to log in as the system administrator in some of the newer windoze operating systems to rename it. Reinstall fresh to the original folder name, again as Admin. Me, I'd copy that to another suffixed folder [TS12-(clean copy)] to have for future disasters, then upgrade one step at a time SP+HFs... copy that from original '\TS12' to the next stage 'safe folder'. Make sure that runs and is intact.

Now update step by step the same way, backing up so you can retreat from an upgrade which goes bad... to get where you want to stop. Import from the trash and backup folders in the disastrously upgraded folder. You'll be poorer by a few tens of gigs of HDD space but should be able to recover the working route.

Next upgrade do the same thing, preserve the whole folder contents and state as a runable version by copying it, then upgrading.

To run multiple versions like this, in any one directory, you need to launch CM from in the \bin folder by directly clicking on it (The Jcitron method) or... set up a shortcut to run from in that \bin folder. (my preference, but I still run Trainz 1, UTC, TRS2004, etc from time to time). All my Trainz shortcuts in the same folder by version name+SP#. It's just a matter of controlling your hard disc and controlling it's content to your needs. Trainz doesn't have dozens of entries in the windows registry like many software packages, which is what makes this work. Only some temporary 'quick launch' registry entries affect things, and launching from CM directly bypasses those.

One caveat. If you try to import by directly clicking on a CDP or CDPa to load it into Trainz, Windows will put you into the last installed CM per the windows data path recorded for those file types. Import into an older/different level version installed Trainz from INSIDE CM, and you'll be fine. // Frank

N3V is proud to announce the release of our third hotfix for TS12 SP1.

WOW, definitely something to be proud of
:eek: I put this thing away for over a year, and decided to give it another go since there was an SP released. I installed the SP and 57720_to_58414.exe. The 32MB hotfix took longer than the SP to install for me, 3+ hours for sure.

I see N3V has taken the stance "only a handful of people are complaining compared to the number of people who own the product." You DO realize that the majority of customers of this product are not a bunch of 16 year old kids looking for attention and reiterating the obvious. I log-in, I see that a number of people have already complained about particular issues I'm having, so I let it be, knowing you've been informed of the issue.

If you'd like every user experiencing an issue to effectively spam your forums and comments to reiterate the same issue over and over again to get a feeling for how many users are affected, so be it, here's my vote. I'm sure this will reflect positively on all future customers who review this information before making a decision to purchase your products.

Extremely long patching times
Major stuttering during game play
Minor stuttering at all times (train never feels fully fluid in motion)
I just rebooted my machine, launcher forgot who I am and what my serial number is. How's that?
That kicked off the ever so pleasant DB repair, wasting away more of my life.
Downloading fixes in content that were provided with the game should not be downloading at 6kb/s. I payed for this already. What you sold me was faulty, why should I pay more to have it fixed?
The amount of Z-buffer fighting in the game engine is ridiculous, and I haven't seen that in a game/sim for years. Textures are flashing all over the place on certain routes.
Some of the "built-in" content is showing as faulty. Shouldn't happen... ever. You bundle it in here and put a price tag on it, I expect it to work. Some built-in content is missing deps, albeit, likely do to updates in that content.
Double clicking routes in the routes pages, and hitting ESC to longer work, I have to click the back and start buttons each time. Double clicking ferociously works however.

Last edited:
Vanguard11 - most issues you have mentioned are already known in some form or other. Have you checked the TS12 SP1 Bugs thread in the TS12 forum?

Shane

After finally biting the bullet ,and instaling this SP crap ,Here we go again,All my freaking trees have disappeared! All of Them , What the heck is this crap!?Are you ever going to get it right?

Windows 8 all tree Poof None Not even in the preview window? This is rediculous Thought these hot fixes cured this?With Window 7 all is fine My brother has windows 8 and his is the one experiencing problem with the trees What gives?

Last edited:
Can I check that you haven't disabled the speedtrees for some reason? I'm aware of a few users who followed some advice on Youtube for doing that.

Shane

i have same problems with 2012 latest patch i now gone back to 2009 everything works fine with this version and i have sound works no problem will use it till problems solved forget next edition if it ever comes out

Back