Privileged Characters?

davesnow

Crabby Old Geezer
Now I'm not trying to get banned, but I was always taught what's good for the Goose is good for the Gander. Why can Auran upload files without screen shots and descriptions but we can't?

I'd like to see pictures of everything before I download anything. But maybe that's just me.

Cheers!:D

Dave

I'd say it's part of the reason. -25 KUIDs are built-in content or ex built-in content. You will probably find that most built-in or ex built-in content is the same.

Shane

May the spirit of George Orwell forgive me: “All content creators are equal, but some are more equal than others”.

He He :hehe: I thought about bringing that up. If older content creators are required to add thumbnails to their older stuff it seems only just that Auran should also comply. No excuses!

Your not alone Dave,you have touched on one of my pet hates.
I too like to look at assets in CMP,rather than having to troll through hundreds in Surveyor mode.
Norm.

Last edited:
Yes, same here. But this also applies to groups who upload items with their group logo as a screenshot instead of a preview of the item.

Cheers,
Bill69

Yes, same here. But this also applies to groups who upload items with their group logo as a screenshot instead of a preview of the item.

Cheers,
Bill69

I agree! There's nothing like 5,000 items by the same group all with a logo that reads, "Another asset by Bigwig Builders Group". I hate to say it but I am reluctant to download that stuff as much as I am with stuff without a preview.

Dave - you won't get banned over this. :)

I too feel that if the original Auran stuff is uploaded to the DLS for any reason, it should be updated to include a thumbnail image and repaired just like the stuff made by the rest of us in the community.

John

I too will go out on the preverbal limb and say that the content in question should have thumbnails.
I will go one further and say that ALL builtin content should have thumbnails.
enny

I agree with the OP: All content, no matter which creator, should have thumbnail and a(n English) description (even a google translated English one is fine).

What annoys me the most if content that has a thumbnail before you download it and looses it after download.

I agree with that as well, although the problem that one has is that most of the Auran content was created before it was a requirement to have thumbnails. As for the descriptions, Russian ones are the worst for that as my version of Trainz simply treats it as ? marks.

Shane

Let's not forget that some excellent content comes from our European friends.

Cheers

AJ

That point isn't in question, the point is, what good is a description if Trainz can't read it & why should Auran content
not be subject to the same rules as all other content creators.

What annoys me the most if content that has a thumbnail before you download it and looses it after download.

That one bugs me too! The asset is now local, the thumbnail is right there - why can't CMP display it? I have to go back to the DLS pages on the web to see the thumbnail... :confused:

There has to be some other problem. All of the object with an userID of -25 show a thumbnail at the black pages DLS. The one I have downloaded have the correct entries in the config, and the pictures are available.

Peter

Back