Newbie using TS2009, need a complete nice route with sessions

jackajay

Hi all,

I am new to trainz and using ts2009. for the past 20 days i am trying to find a good route with sessions but couldnt get one. The prob is i tried many routes but all has missing dependecies and DLS taking ages to download only at max 15KBps :(. i am totally frusturated since there is no good built in route/sessions, also finding a complete route/session is very hard without any missing dependencies.

It would be nice some one can give a nice freeware route/session with all dependecies available directly instead of downloading from DLS.

Please provide me some routes/sessions.

Thanks,
jj

Can't give you anything.
So you want someone to GIVE you a route that took them hours to get error free?
If you want a complete route try a payware route.
Gerry

i understand wt u say, this game seems to be all of money. i have played many games where only you have to pay only for the game then play but here in this case for buying u have to pay then for playing also u have to pay for which i cant afford. so best option i guess is quit this game. :(

The best option is to find a route you like and fix it.
Remember if you had to build a real model route it would take just as long
and cost many hundreds of dollers

I don't know where you are from but when I was a lad and wanted something I had to earn it.
At 10 years old in winter I shoveled sidewalks bla bla bla...

Well anyway I don't think anyone will give you a route

Do you have high speed service?
A 30 day 1st class tick is not very much and you be surprised how much you can DL.
Many of us will help you find missing assets and help fix broken ones.

Sorry if I was a little stern.
Gerry

Hi,

thanks for the info,i am from india and my exchange rate is very bad 1$=56 bucks so its very costly in getting a FCT or a payware.

i have downloaded eastern kentucky 2 from trainroutes pro site but i can able to see that in driver while in surveyor i am able to see that. can u pls tell me wt may be the problem.

thanks,
jj

Hi,

thanks for the info,i am from india and my exchange rate is very bad 1$=56 bucks so its very costly in getting a FCT or a payware.

i have downloaded eastern kentucky 2 from trainroutes pro site but i can able to see that in driver while in surveyor i am able to see that. can u pls tell me wt may be the problem.

thanks,
jj

Well if you can see it in surveyer and not driver i'd assume you'd not have any sessions for it

yes u r right bomber, i can see it in surveyor and not in driver. where to get sessions for the route?

jj

If you update your profile with a location that might help to guide you on to something you might like. If you download the dependencies first for a route then the route you don't need a FCT. Unfortunately working out which dependencies would be useful is awkward.

If you can see something in surveyor then along the top you should see quick drive. Bung a loco on the track the do a quick drive and it should all work.

Cheerio John

The search to the far corners of the Universe

Hi Jack --

Some think it's fun, but I despair when I'm expected to search to the far corners of the Universe for those elusive missing dependencies for routes or sessions.

However, all is not lost. Search the DLS using "philskene" as the author. You will find that all my routes use dependencies that are either built-in or on the DLS. Most of my sessions likewise, apart for a few where the source of the content is given in the text under the thumbnail.

Examples the text under the thumbnail:

Route:

"This is revised version of Version 2 of Downtown Traction Co. It is for Trainz 2004, 2006, 2009 and 2010. It is based on the version that is included in the TS2010 release, but TS2010 users will now see it as intended with the correct track and foliage. This revison is to accomodate the updated Fruehauf trailers that were rotated 90 degrees by the author.

All the dependencies needed by the route are on the Download Station."

Session:

This session is for IndustRail 4a. It is for TRS2004 and better. TS2010 users may have to run the session in Compatibility Mode.

It uses Russian rolling stock that can be downloaded from:
http://rapidshare.com/files/384487795/FreightCars_Locos_Euro_RZD_v3.cdp.html

_____

Phil

Hi Jack --

Some think it's fun, but I despair when I'm expected to search to the far corners of the Universe for those elusive missing dependencies for routes or sessions.

However, all is not lost. Search the DLS using "philskene" as the author. You will find that all my routes use dependencies that are either built-in or on the DLS. Most of my sessions likewise, apart for a few where the source of the content is given in the text under the thumbnail.

Examples the text under the thumbnail:

Route:

"This is revised version of Version 2 of Downtown Traction Co. It is for Trainz 2004, 2006, 2009 and 2010. It is based on the version that is included in the TS2010 release, but TS2010 users will now see it as intended with the correct track and foliage. This revison is to accomodate the updated Fruehauf trailers that were rotated 90 degrees by the author.

All the dependencies needed by the route are on the Download Station."

Session:

This session is for IndustRail 4a. It is for TRS2004 and better. TS2010 users may have to run the session in Compatibility Mode.

It uses Russian rolling stock that can be downloaded from:
http://rapidshare.com/files/384487795/FreightCars_Locos_Euro_RZD_v3.cdp.html

_____

Phil

Hi Phil,

thanks for the info,i searched DLS but the only asset i could find with the name Downtown Traction Co. is <kuid2:69871:2086:1>. is this the one you're were referring to?

jj

Jack --

Go here:

http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS.php

In the search panel make sure there is a tick against TS2009, TRS2006 and TRS2004.

Text Search = philskene / Username
Catagory = Layouts
Click "Search"

You should find these routes for TS2009:
DowntownTractionCo 2b
IndustRail 4a
RiversideElectricRailroadCo 3a
RiversideRailroadCo 3a
RotaryDumper
PortOgden&Northern 2a
HarborMaster 2a

They should keep you busy for a while.

They all use basically the same tool kit of dependencies from the DLS, so once you get all the required dependencies for one of the routes you will have most of the dependencies required by all the others.

Use the same procedure for sessions.

To get the routes into TS2009, make sure Content Manager is running. Go back to the web page and click on "Download (Helper)" under the thumbnail. In Content Manager you will now find that it has been added to the Download Helper pane, top left. Click "Start".

Make sure you capture all the sub-dependencies. If you need help with this just ask.

Phil

Hi Phil,

thanks a lot for sharing your route/session. i downloaded PortOgden&Northern 2a route/session it is awesome. The extra info u provided in rapidshare was very helpful.

jj

Last edited:
Back