The Altoona Project (Potential Large Screens)

jacksonbarno

Alco Spoken Here
I have started a smallish route centered around the Altoona area, anywhere from the late 20's to the late 70's. This route will have the PRR Yards, shops, the industry spurs and part of the mainlines. Note, this is not part of my larger project, that will be saved for when I find a DEM.

I had to start this on my Mac while my PC gets set up.

Some screenshots:
922c2136dfb3caff35882bb26c7705ab.png

A PRR general merchandise freight blasts by the Altoona station and through both Alto signal bridges as a mixed freight waits for the green.
904fa2a56a429764ca834bf863586679.png

The freight traverses the yard lead and... oops...

0b38c467194ef0f8d2ccdb408b9343b0.png

Later, an Alco powered freight ducks under the Alto bridges.
e2ddbac072035dba075bb4c23ab24d17.png
A PRR freight transfer from Slope yard.
cc1c417a439d6accee7e3600863ff505.png
The dispatcher routs a coal train onto the passenger mains as two mixed freights pass by the station. A local passenger train waits for the passenger main to clear so it can pull in the station, as the westbound Trailblazer pauses to pick up passengers.

Nice, are you doing a DEM or free hand? I have been working on and off on a rounte from Harrisburg to Pittsburgh. I was in Altoona last week end taking pictures of the 765 from the Fort Wayne Railroad run excursion. Got to see her at speed going through Huntington ;)

Ahhhh... nothing like a steamer sounding a grade crossing and charging through!!!

Nice, are you doing a DEM or free hand? I have been working on and off on a rounte from Harrisburg to Pittsburgh. I was in Altoona last week end taking pictures of the 765 from the Fort Wayne Railroad run excursion. Got to see her at speed going through Huntington ;)

Ahhhh... nothing like a steamer sounding a grade crossing and charging through!!!
Im doing it freehand. I like making my own terrain, and plus, aside from the hump yards, the yards are pretty flat.

Back