UP Trancontinental Railroad. Ogden,UT to Greenriver, WY.

I'm a gonna' install TS10 and try to help you ... I had no luck importing/backdating your route to TRS2006 (even though I tried everything).

Your switches do look 1000% better ... you are learning !

I spent 5 hours on my EBT switches, and thats only the north end yard throat ... some really special placed spline points were involved.

How many miles of track have you laid so far ?

I do have some pointers on close track spacing in yards ... as sometimes only skinny car inspectors could fit in between drafts of railcars.

I use 4m spacing in SG ... and with NG 36" I use 3m spacing: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?101251-East-Broad-Top-Route&p=1147801#post1147801

Last edited:
I couldn't get the baseboards to load and I'm just one build behind SP1.

Do you only use content built in on SP1?

Last edited:
Ok, Does the turnouts look a little better. The one in the middle section

Please Click on my signature banner to check out my new website and to check out an awesome train video.

Hallo,

that looks like Big-Boy-County.
Very nice to see you are going to create this portion of the UPRR.

To create nice and smooth looking yards - and turnouts - needs some experiences which you will get during your work at it.
I needed to redo some yards I created at my MILW routes several times. If you get tired of working at the yards just continue to work at the route at other places and get back to the yards later on when your mind has got some refreshment. But at the moment I would not recommand to leave the yards and the turnouts as it is right now :)

I really looking forward to see more from your upcomming Big-Boy-Playground.

Have fun and I wish you all the best for your work!!!
Your's TUME

I'm a gonna' install TS10 and try to help you ... I had no luck importing/backdating your route to TRS2006 (even though I tried everything).

Your switches do look 1000% better ... you are learning !

I spent 5 hours on my EBT switches, and thats only the north end yard throat ... some really special placed spline points were involved.

How many miles of track have you laid so far ?

I do have some pointers on close track spacing in yards ... as sometimes only skinny car inspectors could fit in between drafts of railcars.

I use 4m spacing in SG ... and with NG 36" I use 3m spacing: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?101251-East-Broad-Top-Route&p=1147801#post1147801
As far as the amount of track I have laid so far. All the track the is seen in the bottom photo of the real Ogden yard is all that I have laid so far. I used 8ft spacing (done with the ruler tool) between tracks.
@ Tume. Thank you for the kind words and the encouragement.
@ jacksonbarno. Thank you for the words of encouragement.

Last edited:
I have a new tool for you to use in making straight yard throats.

There are FT Turnouts that are #8, and are perfect, like using Atlas snap track turnouts ... get your zonna saw ready, and prepare to cut flex track to fit !

PM me !

If I had even the slightest knowledge of how to create 3D Objects or use GMAX, this is a locomotive that I would love to have. It's a locomotive that UP Built in the late 30's that is long since forgotten about. I think it would go great with the route I'm building
The UP Steam Turbine

Content Creators Check out this link for more pics. http://www.brasstrains.com/classic/...and-UP-Union-Pacific-Steam-Turbine-1-2003-Run
It would be kinda cool. I guess this is me asking please.

If I had even the slightest knowledge of how to create 3D Objects or use GMAX, this is a locomotive that I would love to have. It's a locomotive that UP Built in the late 30's that is long since forgotten about. I think it would go great with the route I'm building
The UP Steam Turbine

Content Creators Check out this link for more pics. http://www.brasstrains.com/classic/...and-UP-Union-Pacific-Steam-Turbine-1-2003-Run
It would be kinda cool. I guess this is me asking please.

Is that your own model, and your own pictures? If so, there might be a way to make the mesh file for it. You would simply need to take about 40 different views of it, rotate as you take each view. Then a program I used, Autodesk 123D, looks like it will get the basic shape formed.

Paul

Is that your own model, and your own pictures? If so, there might be a way to make the mesh file for it. You would simply need to take about 40 different views of it, rotate as you take each view. Then a program I used, Autodesk 123D, looks like it will get the basic shape formed.

Paul
No, unfortunately its not my model. I wished I had a model of this loco. It's a very rare model. These are some pics that I found online of Overland Models HO scale UP Steam Loco. I found pics of it at brasstrains.com. http://www.brasstrains.com/classic/...and-UP-Union-Pacific-Steam-Turbine-1-2003-Run. In 1938, Union Pacific commissioned GE to build them 2 Steam Turbines for passenger use. Unlike the other steam turbines that other railroads used, these two were different. Instead of using main rods to propel the locomotive, these two had generators. They were electric locomotives with their own on board generator much like diesel locomotives of today. These 2 steam locos where ahead of their time. These are the only color pics that I could find of them. There is a short video on You Tube about the steam loco's. For all interested in the history of the UP Steam/Electric Turbine, here is a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk-g5Kp8yYw.

Last edited:
They kinda remind me of a cross between Herman Munsters shoe, and a Dutch shoe.

I guess they kinda' grow on you ... after awhile ... (like mold on my forgotten foodz in my fridge).

What I found on them is GE owned them not UP and they only ran on the UP for 8 weeks! In WWII they ran on the GN up to 1943 when scrapped. Boiler was 1,500psi.

What I found on them is GE owned them not UP and they only ran on the UP for 8 weeks! In WWII they ran on the GN up to 1943 when scrapped. Boiler was 1,500psi.
Yep, those are the ones. UP considered them a failure. There was only two built. They where rated at 2,500 HP each. They had to be coupled together to combine 5,000 HP. UP used them for passenger service. I just like the way they look. :D. I still think that they are pretty cool looking locos. What I like about Trainz is; in the World of Trainz, anything is possible, anything can happen. It's just limited to your imagination. Route update: I know that I haven't posted any pics lately. I have been fixing the track in the yard, making it more BIG BOY and Turbine Friendly. When I get that done and have more track laid I will post more pics.

Last edited:
I am trying to post new pics of the route. When I try to paste the img. link nothing happens. Something is not letting me post pics, can someone tell me what is wrong.

Last edited:
I'm sure if you are using Photobucket the line is not copied ... highlight the image tag line in Photobucket, and R click copy ... and paste that image link line on your post.

Either that or paste the direct link line, in the space, which is opened by the "insert image" button.

I was wondering if anyone out in TRAINZLAND could Reskin a few things for me with Paint Shop Pro or Paint shed considering that I don't have either. Please PM me if you can and I will send pics of what I would like to have reskined. Thank you and I appreciate it if someone could. I tried reskining with paint.net but failed miserably. In other words I suck at reskining.

Last edited:
Back