Model Railroad Club - Virtual That Is

Hey I got a question for McGuirel
are you actually doing a legit "V" scale model group?
Model_Railroad_Appalachian_and_Ohio_Railroad.jpg

Hoping to have a more Model Railroad Club Multiplayer Route For Club Seasons, but this will be a taunting long task to complete the above layout. I just finished up the redo for the second time of Shawen, WV. Will hopefully have Walden Springs, WV scenic area done by weekend. When this is done in probably 6 months, I sincerely hope people are amazed and then can have scheduled runs. Doing my best on designing this with minimal content from DLS, but using UltraScenery Content. When I get half way on completion, I will post a list of the UltraScenery Content in use for pre-downloading. My building approach is preliminary track laying, then ground shaping, and then city/town/industry design. Once all this is done, copy/paste the general areas which will be quick. I really think this is a good idea. Definitely need to make a few really good shrubs and a couple other things for it. Sadly, I have no choice but DLS.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be too concerned about uploading to the DLS. At least everyone can see it and download there.

Cheers

AJ

dude, fricken beautiful!

Thanks - Above Screenshot needs new content, but not making right now. It will help the overall appearance. The area is not completely done until the new content is made. On to Walden Springs which may be a nightmare to do. Trying my best to use great content and look in the Built-In Category before I look outside to make a decent Multiplayer Model Railroad Club Layout. I may be tweaking the track plan around Walden Springs from that of the drawing.

Last edited:
Because I just encountered this, I thought I'd let you know, the Hyde Pulp Mill has an awning that slashes right though the cab on the Pickup Track. It's a shame, but true.

Trying my best to use great content and look in the Built-In Category before I look outside to make a decent Multiplayer Model Railroad Club Layout. I may be tweaking the track plan around Walden Springs from that of the drawing.

Looking really good! Cant wait to run it.

If you do decide to pully any thing off the DLS, Dave's got lots of nice buildings that aren't that hard on the computer.

Because I just encountered this, I thought I'd let you know, the Hyde Pulp Mill has an awning that slashes right though the cab on the Pickup Track. It's a shame, but true.

Yes, very unfortunate however I guess we can't have it all.

The route is really cool.
But to make it really prototypical you need to use ProtoLars Industries.
As like in the real world of trains they take cars and drop them off empty/loaded come back another day and pick them up.
Now coal mines where cars are pulled under shoots and loaded, wood chips, Grain.
To have a string of Well cars load one car every 20 sec. looks cool (the lower container load and 10 sec.later the top container load)This could be set up to where it would take 6 hrs just to load/unload 10 cars.(real Like)

It is really good that we have so many cars that loads a multitude of products but when empty in driver you don't know what all that car load so where do you send it? We know a stock car loads with cattle, wouldn't it be nice to click on a empty car and by it's name tell you what it loads with? ATSF Gondola Flat stock,BN Flatcar John Deere Tractor so on.

The route is really cool.
But to make it really prototypical you need to use ProtoLars Industries.
As like in the real world of trains they take cars and drop them off empty/loaded come back another day and pick them up.
Now coal mines where cars are pulled under shoots and loaded, wood chips, Grain.
To have a string of Well cars load one car every 20 sec. looks cool (the lower container load and 10 sec.later the top container load)This could be set up to where it would take 6 hrs just to load/unload 10 cars.(real Like)

It is really good that we have so many cars that loads a multitude of products but when empty in driver you don't know what all that car load so where do you send it? We know a stock car loads with cattle, wouldn't it be nice to click on a empty car and by it's name tell you what it loads with? ATSF Gondola Flat stock,BN Flatcar John Deere Tractor so on.

Yes, this will be Industry / Commodity Exchange Capable.

Yes, very unfortunate however I guess we can't have it all.

If you are interested, I've been working on a "Pulp Mill Basic". It has all the attachment points of the Hyde Pulp Mill in the same locations (copied manually thanks to Asset X), a smoke stack, a platform, and a fence around the Wood Chip Pile area. So we can place whatever buildings we want around the tracks.

I started it because of that awning - what can I say, I get fixated on things... :D

Let me know when it is done, and if it looks a lot different and can use in another area I will surely due so. Making this Model Layout with a lot of functionality in mind. Think it looks good and putting tons of effort, but little interest. Thank You to the content creators that made the content in this route. Your effort and time is greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Beginning Of Ridge, WV

Thank You. Doubt I will get much done this week on this. I have the beginning of Ridge, WV done with a Lumber Sawmill. With this, the track plan in the area may be not that of the layout. Was really kind of a pain to put the sawmill there and took more time than I had hoped. This area is in preliminary stages. Thinking just farm land to speed up completion in this area (plan for another area as well). The more switching and so forth means less progress. Even in WV there is some farms, just sparse and small.
Ridge_WV_01.jpg

This route is truly fantastic! You are doing such a great job with it, and I hope that you get it done.

Back