Model Railroad Club - Virtual That Is

Still ,looking good.

If its operations, I can help you there.

If it's tweaking to reduce the poly count with out deforming the mesh, I'm of no use as I have no clue how to do that.

BTW JIb228, use MultiRes in 3DMax to accomplish this quickly and effectively.

If you like, I am willing to finish the project. PM me if you are interested in letting me do this.

Sorry to see this go the way of retirement Brittany, you have a good talent at route creation, along with your modelling talents. Wishful thinking you may decide to blow the dust of it in the future :)

But I feel your Trainz 2012 issues, as I have had major issues with a route which is 18 months in creation and now its on perma hold til N3V sort this SP1 mess out (if they ever do)

Cheers

Trent

Exactly why I have stopped working on it. Tired of SP1 and tired of N3V causing more issues than the fix itself. I reformatted my computer a day ago, and not sure if loading Trainz. To reload, the effort is massive for me as I need to fix my back-up content into the correct folders which would be an absolute pain. It took me almost two days to reload my computer without the hassle of Trainz. I am heavily considering TS2010 as a comeback for me. I miss Compatibility Mode (Much Better Lighting On Assets) and Trundra Trees. Many content creators are having to rework old assets yet again to make compliant for SP1 as well which causes more asset downloading and further clutter in our system (excessive hard drive space use). I wish I could provide folks with better SpeedTree Assets like that shown in Dreadpool's Route but I can't as just lack the drive to stay committed to it on a long term perspective in a Freeware Environment. I also lack advanced Photoshop Skills to provide spectacular content. As I am getting older and feel unaccomplished, I lack drive and commitment.

Last edited:
. As I am getting older and feel unaccomplished.

Hello Brittany,

Your accomplishments are many, I love the DLS items you have uploaded. Your content is used by so many and I am sure so many of us appreciate the hard work you have put in over the years to bring us great content. I have most of your freeware from the DLS as it fits into most locals around the world nicely. I do hope you can keep interest in Trainz, as there are few and far working on landscape content nowadays.

I have been going along the learning curve with 3DSMax and being an older person, I am slightly slower than the young kids at it. But I am enjoying learning all the facets of 3DSMax and hoping to be able to make some good content for my routes of the future (unsure if they will ever see the DLS due the state of things)

I have reverted to Trainz 2012 pre SP1 and also have Trainz 2010 (Yes I agree 2010 feels so much better atm), to tinker still as I love Trainz. But my route will now mostly likely not see light of day as I will not move it back into Trainz 2012 SP1+ and as most Trainz 2012 users are now SP1+ I no longer see the point to it.

Cheers

Trent

Last edited:
TS2010 has the best performance with very little stutter. I am patching a fresh install of TS2010 right now and will be very pleased I am sure. TS12 while had potential has become a paperweight. Way to go N3V.

TS2010 has the best performance with very little stutter. I am patching a fresh install of TS2010 right now and will be very pleased I am sure. TS12 while had potential has become a paperweight. Way to go N3V.

Can what you've done so far be backdated and continued in TS10? I've temporarily put my route building on hold for the same reason, although I don't believe I've done much with it since I started using TS12 (so I don't have much progress to lose by going back to my last TS12 save)

Unlikely - consider it lost effort. Trying to figure out how to resort 60GB of messed up back-up asset data (mix bag of local content which was imported yet knowingly on the DLS) and becoming an utter "Trial By Long Process Failure". Three days trying to fix the SP1 disaster has become a disaster in itself. Again, consider this post like so many others - eye candy or desire to enjoy without ever doing so.

Last edited:
triple_facepalm_by_spottedheart98464-d3kuyp3_zpsfb0e71ea.png

Guess you missed the part where the author said they were retiring it?

I think it's a real shame. He had some nice work already done.

On the other hand - I'm so fed up I actually fired up RailWorks today... :(

Railworks, you naughty naughty person. Gary, why did you not catch the pronoun issue and add a MeMe to frogpipe (uhm, see signature).

Not all is lost though - I have considered a return to UltraScenery on a Payware Format with TS2010 and TS12 Compliant Content but very very very unsure there is a need or market. I will be looking for a good 3DMax Partner and web designer if I commit. Structure will be very different.

Last edited:
Back