Downloads Aren't Showing Up in the Trainz Game

morganw

So I have downloaded some railcars from the Download Station, and each file has successfully downloaded. :) I get a checkmark next to each file name and none of the files show up on the Missing Dependencies list. :D But the railcars aren't showing up in the actual game!! :( What should I do? --Morgan

Suggest, in the first instance, a Quick Database Repair (from the Content Manager File Menu).
Then restart the game and check your assets lists for the new items.
Cheers,
PC

If there's a filter on in Trainz, (looks like a funnel) go to the top left of screen, open the funnel shape thingy and clear all. If that doesn't fix it or does nothing, Try the faulty assets list in Content Manager.

I would suggest two things:

If you are using Windows Vista or later, make sure you are running Trainz as administrator otherwise the assets will not actually be saved properly.

Also, check all of your downloaded content and make sure there are no assets with yellow ? (missing dependencies) or red ! (faulty content) marks.

Shane

Okay, I found out the files were faulty. I'm trying to re-download, but are there other ways to go about fixing this problem?

You will need to right-click the problem assets and use the View Errors command. Post the errors here if you do not know how to fix them.

Shane

Two errors and four warnings, this one for "Amfleet II Café." For some unknown reason I can't post attachments, so I have to write out what the problems are. The first warning says "This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 2.7 are no longer supported." The second and third warnings say "Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz. Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to a LOD mesh." The fourth warning says "Required container 'thumbnails' is missing." The first error says "Unable to load primary texture 'amfleet_ii_cafe_body/brownmetal.tga' for texture file 'amfleet_ii_cafe_body/brownmetal.texture.txt'." And the second error says "Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'amfleet_ii_cafe_body/brownmetal.texture.txt'."

Last edited:
A note - we cannot see images that are on your computer. You need to upload them to a photo-sharing site and use the sharing link from there.

The fourth item is the problem one, which indicates that the brownmetal.tga file is missing - right-click the asset, use Edit in Explorer (in the Edit submenu) then find and delete the mentioned .texture.txt file.

Shane

I would suggest (as in the last post) opening the asset for edit, then opening the amfleet_ii_cafe_body folder, then deleting the brownmetal.texture.txt file, then recommitting.

Shane

Once you've done that, redo the View Errors and Warnings check and see what new/existing errors appear. (Note: warnings can be ignored).

Shane

The Download Station Needs and Enema! Serious Crap on the DLS ,There is Junk that needs to be repaired or down right Deleted. I go and download stuff and most of is has (?) on dependent KUIDs With that in mine ,You don't know what in the hell the (?)is, so you have to delete it! can n3V clean up this mess on the DLS or are they going to leave as is so others can share in the misery?

Last edited:
Good Morning Jimabbey
For items that are faulty, we are working with the community to repair the majority of these through the DLS clean up ( https://www.auran.com/planetauran/com_dls_cleanup.php ).

If you want specific items repaired, then you may wish to become involved in this. Due to the large amount of content involved, we can't repair everything. We have, however, repaired a large number of commonly used assets when SP1 was initially released.

In regards to items with dependencies that are unknown location, we currently do not prevent anyone from uploading content with non DLS dependencies (at least routes and sessions). This may change in future, however at this time we will not prevent these assets from being uploaded. Generally you can find most dependencies by entering the kuid number into google, and doing a search.

Regards

Back