Signaling issues (possibly)

shinoda2005

So in the route I'm building I had an engine back down onto cars that are in a siding. It would then pull forward until it was past the points then back up to be switched on the main line to get to its destination. To make it easier, I decided to add to the siding so that instead of the siding ending at the bumpers, it runs to the main line. This issue with this is is that now when it hooks up to the train it doesn't move in either direction because 'the block is occupied, the train might need manual help to turn around'. The thing is the block isn't occupied, the signals are green, all the switches are in the right position as well. I've tried adding and removing signals and it doesn't seem to help. Does any one here any ideas what I can do other than going back to just the standard siding? If more info is needed I can post screen shots, thanks.

Hi shinoda2005,

This may not be a sinaling problem, but rather a command problem. When you command a loco to couple to a consist in a dead end siding the commands should be couple to xxx stop train wait for 30sec hornz drive via next TM. OR you can leave out the wait for command and use a change direction command but don't use both a wait and a change direction as this will cause the loco to try to travel in the wrong direction i.e. towards the buffer. The above applies if you are running in DCC mode. If you are running the AI in CAB mode leave out the stop train command as well.

Cheers,
Bill69

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply I gave both a try and the train still sits there. It seems like since I've changed the siding with the bumpers at the end to basically a loop that has another siding branching off of it the AI gets confused and just sits there. As of now I'm stuck so any ideas you have would be greatly appreciated.

Back