Routes by Deadpool. (large shots)

Deadpool,
The shots are fantastic. The detail that you have included is amazing. Imagine living in those apartment houses in the bend of the elevated curve. With horses and chickens in the pen next door.

Really great composition. Thanks for posting.

Heinrich505

thank you! i appreciate it!
more from Pittsburgh! federal street interlocking and the fort Wayne station!

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Such excellent shots! If you made some of them in black and white, it would be hard to tell if they were actual period photographs or not. The detail in the shots is fantastic. The trains are, of course, the perfect highlight.

Such excellent shots! If you made some of them in black and white, it would be hard to tell if they were actual period photographs or not. The detail in the shots is fantastic. The trains are, of course, the perfect highlight.
thank you all gentlemen
some more wip shots
since there are virtually no shots of the PRR or the PFW&C in the West park trench so i have to go with what i see from aerial photos from the 1930's
but this is the closest i've ever saw to a pic of the trench in steam era.
used to be a beautiful place.

deadpool_5c3561b85003e.png

and here it is today in my shot from 2 years ago
38321840946_5e2ab17178_k.jpg
[/URL]PSX_20171112_213622 by justin calvin, on Flickr[/IMG]
21onscC

dateposted-public

Last edited:
Yikes, Deadpool, that looks to be practically spot on! Based on the modern shot as compared to your screen shots, you've captured it just right.

The 1930s shot is really neat too.

thank you guys!
today we follow a livestock flyer that left chicago early this moring and we follow it as it pulls into pittsburgh then to Herrs island to the rendering plant/stockyards

here M1b 6755 clears island ave. and crosses over at VN interlocking as it heads through the west park "trench"

here 6755 is passes lake Elizabeth a man made swimming hole for the residents of Pittsburgh with a boat house for pleasure boats. this lake was eventually drained filled in and moved father away from the trench because it had a tendency to leak and over flow into the trench.

here is another angle of the same shot. the stone pedestrian bridge in the shot was removed because of it was unsafe for pedestrians all that remains is the stairs on each end.

here 6755 rounds the curve and crosses over at the Fort Wayne interlocking, tower and station, to the con-line which the PRR acquired in 1909 from the west Pennsylvania railroad.

6755's 600 mile journey finally comes to an end at Herr's island as it crosses over the Allegheny river to the Herr's rendering plant to give the train over to a switching crew.

Last edited:
Deadpool,
Great coverage of the journey! Showing things off so nicely. Very interesting about how the lake was filled in and moved. I was wondering if the trench was getting water from the lake - you cleared that up for me. I'd guess the trench also took on water in heavy rain. Beautiful shots. :Y: I've always liked those period specific cars on the road, shown off in the curve shot at the Ft. Wayne interlock. They really set the tone for the scene. The caboose also happens to be my favorite Pennsy style.

Heinrich505

Your work is outstanding . Deadpool .. I have only been able to check in a few times . But get floored at your work on this route every time . Well Done .

Matt

Back