Bush Mill Railway/Tramway (Tasmania)

Vern

Trainz Maverick
Looking round for a short but do-able NG prototype, I can't find much information on this route which closed in 2004 (other than the brief Wikipedia entry). Does anyone know of any sources, particularly a map which shows the course taken by the line which doesn't even appear on Open Street Map like most abandoned railways do.

just noticed this this mine was taken over by EZ as it was and a overhead cable way was constucted from the wilianford mine to the rosbery mine so i expect that this was no nonger needed for that mine. the original rail or tramway can be still seen on the tasmania google maps it went from just below the williamdfort mine, and a very snaky path to the station finish at Melb. this line is the standad narrow guage then from melba to burnie. this part of the line is still open.

Last edited:
Hi no that was rebuilt as a touristone using the old train from the bush mill that operated from Melba to Williamsford it was set up near port Arthur the old tram way as theycalled it to carry the ore can be still seen as a walking track and named tramway I will investigate it maybe one day it’s a long way from me. I am going to look at the old line toScottsdale hopefully around xmas time. The Fingal line scenery that I am now extending need some more hills put in as it is not thatflat as seen in the pware line. But it is a bountifully done. I hope to get some actual pics of the linesoon as well

the so called bush mill railway replica near port Arthur update, this was abandoned project and now no longer in existence, the train was a built replica you can see the old outline of it if you go to the fox and hounds hotel just north of the port Arthur, google earth there is not much to see, but google maps you can see it. The real old line you can see where it was go to Zeehan look for the Melba station, go west then look for Williamsford, its marked as a tram way.

Back