SP X4449 ditchlight.

Falken442

I was wondering if there was a way to make lilbs GS-4 have the flashing ditchlight like the real GS-4 but making it able to be able to turned on and off.

-Eno

The Real GS-4 never had ditch lights It does have a Gyralite and at one time had a mars light. The latest version of my GS-4, available at Jointed Rail, is configurable to either of those lights. They can then be turned on/off with the 1 key on the number pad or the End Key. In other words it is triggered by pressing the key that activates the pantographs

Brian

The Real GS-4 never had ditch lights It does have a Gyralite and at one time had a mars light. The latest version of my GS-4, available at Jointed Rail, is configurable to either of those lights. They can then be turned on/off with the 1 key on the number pad or the End Key. In other words it is triggered by pressing the key that activates the pantographs

Brian

Sorry for the wrong terminology, I just assumed the flashing light on 4449 was a ditchlight. About the update, whats the 4 liveries and will it overwrite the current version of your GS-4 that I have installed.

-Eno

Sorry for the wrong terminology, I just assumed the flashing light on 4449 was a ditchlight. About the update, whats the 4 liveries and will it overwrite the current version of your GS-4 that I have installed.

-Eno

It includes four tenders and three locomotives. The locomotive comes in two daylight paint schemes and one black paint scheme. One of the locomotives is also customizable in surveyor so you can set different little details on it to represent the real locomotive during different time periods. The tender comes in four versions, Daylight paint with big or small Southern Pacific markings and all black with big or small Southern Pacific markings. And yes it will overwrite any previous versions of it.

Brian

It includes four tenders and three locomotives. The locomotive comes in two daylight paint schemes and one black paint scheme. One of the locomotives is also customizable in surveyor so you can set different little details on it to represent the real locomotive during different time periods. The tender comes in four versions, Daylight paint with big or small Southern Pacific markings and all black with big or small Southern Pacific markings. And yes it will overwrite any previous versions of it.

Brian

Any plans for a American Freedom Train livery?

-Eno

Brian
can I change the config or something to be able to activate the flashing light because I don't have a end key or number pad.

-Eno

Any plans for a American Freedom Train livery?

-Eno
Yes, in the future.

can I change the config or something to be able to activate the flashing light because I don't have a end key or number pad.

-Eno

There is not anything that can be changed in the config that would change this, as it is script controlled. I don't have TS Mac and I am not sure how to workaround this issue. Maybe ask in the TS Mac section and see if someone could help you.

Brian

Actually no. If you open the Properties for the window in Surveyor mode, you can change the color of the marker lights.

Also...bumping a thread this old is frowned upon.

Last edited:
By changing the kuid or..?
Hi,
When it comes to the gyralite you toggle it on and off by hitting 1 on the numpad. Usually, on desktop keyboards, the numpad is the series of numbers to the right of all the letters and the top numbers.
Marker lights can be changed in either surveyor or drive. For surveyor, you would use the little question mark in the consists section and click on the unit. For driver, do crtl+right click and do show details, which will bring a pop up window which you can edit from there.

Hope that helps!
Chris/Enzo1

It doesnt spin/go in random directions, it just flashes. I remember the GS 4449 having a mars light that spins or go in random directions

that still flashes, doesnt spin/move around.. Someone on youtube told me that they removed the mars light and replaced it with a gyra light that just flashes.

THATS THE FLASHING I WAS TALKING ABOUT

And theres no download for the rrmods version! THAT ONE ACTUALLY HAD THE SPINNING FLASH LIGHT THING IDK

That 'new' gyralight is just two of the 'old' gyralights stacked on top of eachother. Mat I don't know what you're talking about as far as a different type of gyralight, especially one that randomly spins around. The flashing light gyralight that JR uses on this stuff is done that way because of how the light appears from a distance when it's direction changes and it appears to flash, despite being a solid beam. We experimented with actually animating the attachment points for gyra coronas waaay back and found the effect to not be convincing or worth the effort given that the 'directional' tag for corona effects encompasses a hemispherical shape. Ideally for something like a gyralight to get the maximum effect like you see on the actual 4449 or any other engine with a gyra / mars light that directional tag would have a significantly sharper falloff resulting in more of a conical shape.

Also FWIW gyralights rotate in 20 degree x 10 degree oval shapes while mars lights follow a 14 degree x 8 degree V shape- there is no random lighting pattern.

Back