Keystone Corridor for TS12 SP0 [EXTREMLY LARGE PICS]

flusi737

SBB Cargo Germany
Hello everyone,

I just start a new thread for this:
Since one month i'm working on the Keystone Corridor a.k.a. the PRR 'Mainline'. I decided to build it after i completed the 453 miles long NEC from Boston to Washington last month.
I already have a Main thread about this on another forum (www.kd7eir.com/forum) and had a now abandoned thread over at AMTZ, it got closed since i'm banned there. This will be the thread for all people who are no KD7EIR members and are interested in the project. If you have questions, suggestions or critism or just want to insult me, leave a post here and i'll answer for sure :eek:

Pics will follow soon,

Current progress is: 17% , finished: Philadelphia 30th Street - Glen Interlocking (4-6 miles behind Paoli which i cometed last Saturday).

Felix

As I've become a fan of your work, I'll be watching this thread eagerly. I'll join your forum too.

You must be almost insane to be able to complete the full NEC then jump immediately into another route! but none the less awesome job the pics of the NEC looks sweet.

Yeah i'm completely insane!! :p :hehe:
Lol not really...i'm fast in building well detailed routes and have enough time...a good mixture to be able to build all Amtrak electric lines at once :D I just needed a new challange after finishing the 453 miles long giant NEC....someone said I should build NY/Philly to Chicago :eek:
But first i do the keystone :hehe: should be easy, its only 104 miles long... ;)

It will have the same quality as the NEC (has...i already built 25 miles), here afew pics to show everyone the quality. I know i already posted them in USA pics...but why not show them again?

fa627b710541b9f87b05909d0acb2d22.jpg
[/url]

e4363bac369c8ff6f6da9fc887fb74e8.jpg
[/url]

432c8e771419d799977fb51d2e701850.jpg
[/url]

7027dba21225e6358659b093d74c941f.jpg
[/url]

Jeez....you sure you not a robot? After like 1 hour in surveyor I get burnt out and close trainz...Nice work!

I thought "450 miles for the NEC- It will NEVER get done, or if it gets done, it will be crap". Wrong. From what I've seen of the screenshots (I don't have the route), it looks REALLY good. This is looking good from the screenshots too! I'm impressed! I was in Surveyor this past weekend dropping the latest building on my Mon Line and got tired of it before I was able to detail around it enough to take a good screenshot of it.

Agreed...... this is GREAT work, Flusi!

Hey Slabay :D Thank you very much for the complements ;) Just to say - I have fun with building routes....BIG routes :) I just wanted to create my favourite route in trainz, i got bored reading strench707 and other's threads about building a complete NEC and dream about it. I wanted to HAVE this route in trainz...so i started work on it :p Its funny, someone in strenchs NEC thread wrote it would take years, maybe ages....i needed exactly 9 months lol. I do what i say, and dont give up if i get bored. I build it up all the time, if it makes fun or not. Because i know: if i finish it, i will have fun driving on it! Thats what keeps me running ;)

Ahhh, and here a 'map' of a Keystone Part, just to show that the track layout is correct and that the route is real, and not a joke :p

25244c94eb90f6b877729c02591f90b6.jpg

Is this on flat baseboards ?

Does it have a gradient ?

I appluad your fine work ... really looks REAL !

Sometimes a DEM is not needed in Trainz

If you need any technical details on the prototype RR line, just ask, as I am always glad to help out in any way I can.

You might want to use Skype as an IM tool to communicate with me, and others

Last edited:
I never use a DEM, dont have the money for it :( But i use inofficial maps and google earth to make it as exact as i can .... Thats very hard sometimes :/ And that means that there is no gradient :'(

I never use a DEM, dont have the money for it :( But i use inofficial maps and google earth to make it as exact as i can .... Thats very hard sometimes :/ And that means that there is no gradient :'(

I can live with that my routes tend to have very little to no gradient other then overpasses etc that are obviously above the tracks and remain that way for a good distance etc.

Very nice... I was born and raised in southeast PA when PRR and Reading were still in buisness so I am somewhat familiar with the area your working on. Nice job 2, I am presently working on Harrisburg to Pittsburgh using TransDEM but I am sure I will not be as fast as you.

I'm working as fast as Hell :p
Lol its great that someone is doing the other Keystone Part, that would mean that there will be the complete Amtrak Pennsylvanian route from Philly to Pittsburgh soon :D

Felix

You know the Northeast Regional goes all the way to Lynchburg, Virginia and also Norfolk, Virginia. Just saying:).

Last edited:
Back