Is it safe to install hotfix 2 for TS12 SP1?

enginewhistle

On Hiatus
I'm thinking of upgrading TS12 to the absolute latest hotfix patch. Is it safe to install this? I don't want to have to reinstall Trainz like I did after SP1 came out.

SP1 Hotfix 2 should not be as bad as with TS12 SP1. The only thing to watch out for is if the patch fails to install for some reason.

Shane

First, turn off antivirus protection, and maybe the firewall. I didn't do the firewall. Find the UserData folder, copy and paste somewhere else. This will be a backup of what you have. Then, you can go ahead with the patch #2. If it fails, all you need to do is reinstall TS12, apply SP1 and patch #1 , then delete contents from UserData folder, use your backup data, copy and paste it back in. You will be right back where you were. Suggestion: Click a check mark in the box for the developer option called, "show database process windows", so you know when the system is not busy, and also, whenever you close trainz, wait for those developer windows to disappear before you shutdown or reboot. You will have less database management problems.

Paul

Last edited:
I'm thinking of upgrading TS12 to the absolute latest hotfix patch. Is it safe to install this? I don't want to have to reinstall Trainz like I did after SP1 came out.
Turn off your virus checker and firewall before you install, as some virus checker will affect it.

warning it affected half my content all the Amtrak trains except for 1 that had been faulty for a while turned not faulty but then all my other amtraks and AWVR trains (luckly not the 1206;)) but sadly my 777 and 767 turned faulty

Back