Edit in explorer not working?

jd_james

Every time i try to edit an asset in content manager and I click edit in explorer, it brings me to my documents folder and not the asset folder. How do i fix this? It wont let me edit any content.

I think you have to set the properties of to "Open with Notepad" ... when you edit, then save a config file in notepad, and then commit the asset in the CM, the asset is edited.

There is a Auran file called "Editing" in my TRS2006 ... I am unsure if this is the case in higher Trainz versions ?

Last edited:
It's a Right click on a config file, or any other "editing" file, and you select "open with notepad" as the preferred program.

PM me and I might be able to help describe how to do it.

Right clicking on your Trainz desktop icon "Open File Location" may lead you to an "editing" folder.

Last edited:
I now have windows set to open .cfg files in notepad. Still, when I try to open an asset in explorer, I just get my documents folder. :(

If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8, Trainz needs to be set to run as administrator to correct this problem. See the thread in my signature for a link to my tutorial on that.

Shane

Back