Thread: Edit in explorer not working?

Default Edit in explorer not working?

Every time i try to edit an asset in content manager and I click edit in explorer, it brings me to my documents folder and not the asset folder. How do i fix this? It wont let me edit any content.

I think you have to set the properties of to "Open with Notepad" ... when you edit, then save a config file in notepad, and then commit the asset in the CM, the asset is edited.

There is a Auran file called "Editing" in my TRS2006 ... I am unsure if this is the case in higher Trainz versions ?
    Last edited by cascaderailroad; May 11th, 2013 at 03:14 PM.

How do I do that?

It's a Right click on a config file, or any other "editing" file, and you select "open with notepad" as the preferred program.

PM me and I might be able to help describe how to do it.

Right clicking on your Trainz desktop icon "Open File Location" may lead you to an "editing" folder.
    Last edited by cascaderailroad; May 11th, 2013 at 03:27 PM.

I now have windows set to open .cfg files in notepad. Still, when I try to open an asset in explorer, I just get my documents folder.

Blog Entries

If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8, Trainz needs to be set to run as administrator to correct this problem. See the thread in my signature for a link to my tutorial on that.

Shane
    Shane Turner
    Technical and DirectX Advisor - Not affiliated with N3V

My Forum -- PevSoft Tools -- Tutorial List (inc DirectX) -- My Utilities --TrainzTutorials.com

Quote Originally Posted by shaneturner12 View Post
    If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8, Trainz needs to be set to run as administrator to correct this problem. See the thread in my signature for a link to my tutorial on that.

Shane
    That has solved the problem! Thankyou!

Blog Entries

No problem - it's amazing how many issues one simple thing can cause though...

Shane
    Shane Turner
    Technical and DirectX Advisor - Not affiliated with N3V

My Forum -- PevSoft Tools -- Tutorial List (inc DirectX) -- My Utilities --TrainzTutorials.com