HHP-8 Reskin?

amtrak2041864

High Speed Rail!!
Hello, trainz world! I am asking if is possible to obtain an HHP-8 reskin? Not the model but the reskin. Thank You for your time.

sorry to bud in but can I have one? All I need is an Acela HHP-8 or just an HHP-8 and all the trains I have been setting goals to find to download will be complete but here is the full story my favorite top engines are the Strasburg 90 and the Strasburg 475, Acela Express trainset, and the SP 4449 and SP Cab forward, and the Acela HHP-8 and also the BNSF's and CSX's and NJT and lastly the UP No. 844 which anyways I have gotten all those but one the HHP-8. so I thought at some point I could line up the Acela and Acela HHP-8 and race them to see who will win? But I don't think I would put it on the download station my routes are not as good as anyone elses :hehe:

Hi Engineer Kenny, I'm sorry to say that the HHP-8 is unavailable right now and nor do I know of anyone who is making one. The one that Flusi737, and Amtrak2041864 are talking about is vaporware.

Only the most infamous vaporware there is, the connyxy HHP-8. Quite a shame, it could have been an excellent addition to my fleet.

But....what reskin do you need @amtrak******
There are MARC and Amtrak skins (by connyxy), but there's no other company that uses HHP-8's...so what paint do you need???
I have

MARC
Amtrak 663
Amtrak 650
Amtrak 671

I can do other paints too

Felix

What is vaporware!? I keep hearing about this a lot like when I had asked about the HVR Dependences people were saying" that's vaporware what is that?

pretty sure that something illegal just happened here..

you can't give the reskins because they still contain Conny's mesh files...

well, technically the texture files are still her work, as she created them, although I'm no lawyer

well, technically the texture files are still her work, as she created them, although I'm no lawyer

Are they, though???

Let me start out by saying that I do not and will not ever do this, but just for the sake of argument: I have done a lot of reskins of Frank's locomotives, and Frank has graciously given me permission to release them. What I do when I do a reskin of somebody's stuff, I use their template as a guide for placement of things. I've never been able to figure out how to use Photoshop to make a blank skin, so I redo everything when I build my PSD's- doors, latches, panels, rivets, grilles, everything. Then, I paint the new livery using the layers that I made. The original work does not exist anymore. It was merely used as a guide for placement, much like one would use a stencil to paint on a blank wall. If I were to release my TGA's, technically, it is MY work that just so happens to have certain features that are aligned with features on somebody's mesh. What is a mesh, anyway- basically it is a blank wall. You are applying your own paint to a blank wall. In the example I am making, you are simply using the original TGA as a guide to tell you where to paint on that blank wall.

Just throwing this out there as a thought. I would certainly never share anybody's content without their permission, but it is just food for thought.

Just to clarify that:
Those textures i gave him are completely mine, i changed everything from conny's original, and nr.2, he already has the HHP-8, so he owns the original textures!!

Back