Favorite Steam Locomotives residing or from your home state/ province/ whatever

As much as I love all those steam locos...

DA BIG BOY BEATS ALL THOSE SISSY STEAM LOCOS COMBINED!!!

not this one
prr6185.jpg

To misquote qassaquyangli up there, "We rightfully recieve not one, but two steamers that were rightfully ours!"
The two steamers, are of course, A4 Nos. 4489 "Dominion of Canada" and 60008 "Dwight D. Eisenhower", which arrived last year from Canada and the US respectively. Hopefully going to see them both (plus 4468 "Mallard") next weekend in York.
580301_10151462416681446_1636298906_n.jpg

Pa133194.jpg

The two are probably going back to America next year, but I sort of hope the NRM decides to keep 4489, it's standard of overhaul is truly outstanding. (Sorry Canadians!)

@ nathanmallard
The Dominion of Canada looked like crap before it went over there (no offense canadians) so its good to see it at least got some fresh paint. The Dwight D. Eisenhower looked pretty decent when it was shipped because it was stored inside a museum.
@ deadpool
Thats a rare picture. What is it? 4-4-6-4?

Last edited:
As much as I love all those steam locos...

DA BIG BOY BEATS ALL THOSE SISSY STEAM LOCOS COMBINED!!!

Sorry, but only in some categories. If it were tractive effort then it would not be top dog. One of group of locomotives that can beat the Big Boy's tractive effort is this sexy beast:

gn2043.jpg

ATSF854 has also shown another locomotive that has more TE than the Big Boy. Don't get me wrong though, Big Boys are still pretty awesome.

OK captain pollution, cows farting is natural, americans who don't know how to fire a loco correctly are just idiots who should be shown
where to shove their shovel. :eek:

its easy to fire a loco when you have such tiny little railroads and such small amounts of freight over there in the UK

not to mention that pic is most likely on Sherman hill a 2 percent grade with a 1 1/2 mile long train.

Last edited:
No need, we don't cause crap like that this side of the pond, it's pratts like you that don't give sh.... about the rest of the world that need f........

What, all of them ? I doubt it, besides it's deadheads attitude that stinks.
really? I've saw people over on that side of the pond who don't care about the environment one name comes to mind, Jeremy Clarkson!

like I said its easy to fire those little toy trains on the train sets you call railways over there.

but lets see if you are right.

clanneil.jpg
green37.jpg

yeah you're right LOL

Last edited:
Deadpool55mx-In the second pic, I'm pretty sure either the tank wagon or the locomotive is on fire due to the blackness of the smoke. I have never seen a Class 37 smoke like that in normal circumstances.

Blackwatch-I agree with you, but Deadpool's attidude is for the mods to sort out and is none of our buisness.

Oh boy. UK vs US again? For a bunch of mature nerds, you act like pathetic toddlers. Yes Justin, you especially, which is especially ironic.....

really? I've saw people over on that side of the pond who don't care about the environment one name comes to mind, Jeremy Clarkson!

like I said its easy to fire those little toy trains on the train sets you call railways over there.

but lets see if you are right.

green37.jpg

yeah you're right LOL
It wishes it was an ALCO!

Back