Favorite Steam Locomotives residing or from your home state/ province/ whatever

My favorite locomotive is Western Pacific 94. 94 Was built by Brooks Locomotive Works in 1909, and was the locomotive to pull the FIRST passenger train through the feather river canyon. She stared in Disney's "Pollyanna" and she also was used for WP's 50 year celebration.

Picture Below by Steve Graves

3751167_orig.jpg

for aditional information on Western Pacific 94, go to www.westernpacific94.weebly.com

I have to say my favorite engine in my state, is ET&WNC #12.
I didn't want to get a pic of her today as she is gobbed up with theme park paint, and had some rather fugly modifications done to her.

12brownfred.jpg

Rock On!
~Dusten

Well, as there's only seven steam locos in Utah--nine if you count the Promontory replicas--there's not really much to pick & choose from anyway...but out of those, I'd have to go with 2-8-0s UP #618/OSL #1068 and Tooele Valley RR #11--poor things, as it looks like neither will be running any year soon...or the Great Western 75, for that matter (which is also on the Heber Valley with #618--it's restoration is at a literal snail's pace)
2008 Heber Valley-216.jpg
TOOLE VALLEY 11 71212.JPG

I don't know if I said to I earlier, but mine is Flying Scotsman.

I've always wanted to ride on a train pulled by her. I never got the chance to so, BUT I did see her once, in 2004, while in the UK. At the time, she was under repair, but she was viewable in the workshops.

Mine too! I live in the Uk! Sadly, I haven't had a ride, I spend most time inside, but still, What a beauty!

Actually they are working on restoring it to operating condition. Hope the make it work, many other groups have started with this goal and never finished.

I'd say Mallard, from the UK, :) The blue paint, Fablous whistle and lovely streamlined design make it like the train version of Titanic.

I like everybody else's ideas and can't wait for more!(a.k.a I did not create this)

This is a tough decision

My favorite steam locomotive is a tough decision, giving I've got four of them.
#1: Tennessee Valley (Railroad Museum) 2-8-0 #610
tvrm610.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
#2: Southern 2-8-0 #630
picture2waitingtodepart.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
#3: Southern 2-8-2 #4501
southern2824501.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
#4: Southern Pacific 4-8-4 #4449
southernpacific4449.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]