Favorite Steam Locomotives residing or from your home state/ province/ whatever

Northern Pacific S-4 #1364 being restored at the Northern Pacific Railway Museum in Toppenish, Wa.
It would be nice to have one of these in Trainz.
Don't worry, I've got you covered (not an S-4, but still a 4-6-0).
enginewhistle2012112800.jpg

Available on my website along with a 2-8-2 and other Northwestern railroads such as GN and CB&Q.
http://northwesttrainz.weebly.com/index.html

Spring Break Memories

When I was younger, my family would go to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee and went to the theme park Dollywood. The theme park gets its name because Dolly Parton, the Queen of Country Music, was born in nearby Sevierville, Tennessee. She is also part-owner of Dollywood, the other owner I cannot remember now. Everytime we went there, we rode the Dollywood Express, which is 3-foot narrow gauge and is powered by one of two Ex-White Pass and Yukon 2-8-2 mikados: #70, called Cinderella, or #192, Klondike Katy. The Dollywood Express was around before the theme park Dollywood was Dollywood. The park was originally called Rebel Railroad, followed by Silver Dollar City, then Dollywood. The trip is a loop-to-loop trip, which features grades up to 6%. You can hear one working hard to pull an eight-car train fully loaded with riders.
2-8-2 #70 (in present paint scheme) (as of 6/13/2013, she is operating, but will go into the shops soon to get boiler work done):
28270.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2-8-2 #192 (in previous paint scheme) (she's in the shops now (6/13/2013), but should be out soon) (as seen at the upper loop):
282192.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

To misquote qassaquyangli up there, "We rightfully recieve not one, but two steamers that were rightfully ours!"
The two steamers, are of course, A4 Nos. 4489 "Dominion of Canada" and 60008 "Dwight D. Eisenhower", which arrived last year from Canada and the US respectively. Hopefully going to see them both (plus 4468 "Mallard") next weekend in York.
580301_10151462416681446_1636298906_n.jpg

Pa133194.jpg

The two are probably going back to America next year, but I sort of hope the NRM decides to keep 4489, it's standard of overhaul is truly outstanding. (Sorry Canadians!)

Has anyone noticed that The Dominition Of Canada looks like the mallard and has a bell fitted on it?

Chickenlover, that would be the livery the A4s wore in their early careers. Mallard was only one of the many A4s with that Garter Blue with red wheels. Some also recieved chromed numbers and lettering, just like 'Dominion of Canada' there.

I have been following the progress of the A4s in the UK, and I have to say they have done an excellent job with the physical restoration of 'D'wight D Eisenhower' and 'Dominion of Canada' I believe that DoC wore that livery in its early days, complete with CP whistle and bell. I believe its intended Crosby whistle went to the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Railway. To this day she still wears the CP whistle, although it has not been used in over half a century. I would like to see an Apple Green A4, because surely with 6 A4s they can showcase all the liveries worn by the class in their careers, from Cornination Silver to BR Brunswick Green.

And because I have yet to respond to this thread in the correct manner;
3698266181_c648fa7148.jpg

Cheers
Tim

me, that is.

I love the nonchalant "Keep Off" tag on the pilot beam there Deadman...:hehe: and great shots of 1218 there Beattie

iron-mountain-1.jpg

"Big 5 spot" otherwise known as the Shelby Brown, a Porter 2-4-2 (built as a 2-4-2T for a power company). Formerly of the Crab Orchard & Egyptian, she was converted to a tender loco, using an ex-IC water car for the tender. She ran for many years in Jackson, MO, on the St. Louis, Iron Mountain & Southern, until the new federal boiler laws of 2001 had her sidelined. she's been in pieces ever since, as the railroad struggles to get her back amongst the living.

If you look at her now, she's all parted out, half disassembled and in sad shape. God only knows that, if I'd been in charge of the restoration, I'd have lost half the parts for her by now!

I love the nonchalant "Keep Off" tag on the pilot beam there Deadman...:hehe:
LOL I had permission. i was getting reference pictures for a friend that is a steam loco creator. :p

Last edited:
Back