Problem installing World of Trainz locomotives

I recently got a mail, downloaded the links including the gatekeeper, and eachtime when I open those files and follow the setup instructions by selecting the appropriate files to the game, I get
C:\Windows\systems32\cmd.exe which doesn't do anything at all, and when I click the red X button, I get TrainzUtil.exe has stopped working, and it keeps happening eachtime when I try to install them, which is like frustrating and loss of money. Then when I open CMP, I see that the locos aren't installed in the game.
icon8.png
icon8.png
icon8.png

Difficult to guess the problems with the details given, but sounds like the file extension .cdp is not associated with Trainz.
Can you see/extract the cdp files to your desktop for manual installation via CMP?
Either that or you have a bad download and need to get it again.

Bob (CRO)

Have you tried this process from an older post?
Kris94
May 21st, 2012, 04:36 PM
So for the people who have World of Trainz products but can't get them to work in Trainz Simulator 2012 I'm willing to help those people. So here's how to SUCCESSFULLY import World of Trainz into TS12 and have it function PROPERLY.

First and foremost you must install Gatekeeper before you do anything else or the whole project will fail. The locos will derail and you'll get a spider inside an octagon meaning there's thread exceptions.

So what you do is run the .exe file and it'll ask you which version of Trainz you want to install it into and most likely it won't have a specified path. At least mine doesn't. So what you do is browse for the TS12 file which should be under the N3V Games folder.

So go to computer, OS:C or whatever file section that holds the main bulk of the computer files and data. Go to program files, go to N3V Games and then click on the TS12 icon and then click continue and it will install into the game itself.

Do this for the dependencies and the locomotives themselves and you shall be on your way to enjoying your World of Trainz Content.

If anybody has any questions feel free to contact me through PM.

Have you tried this process from an older post?
Kris94
May 21st, 2012, 04:36 PM
So for the people who have World of Trainz products but can't get them to work in Trainz Simulator 2012 I'm willing to help those people. So here's how to SUCCESSFULLY import World of Trainz into TS12 and have it function PROPERLY.

First and foremost you must install Gatekeeper before you do anything else or the whole project will fail. The locos will derail and you'll get a spider inside an octagon meaning there's thread exceptions.

So what you do is run the .exe file and it'll ask you which version of Trainz you want to install it into and most likely it won't have a specified path. At least mine doesn't. So what you do is browse for the TS12 file which should be under the N3V Games folder.

So go to computer, OS:C or whatever file section that holds the main bulk of the computer files and data. Go to program files, go to N3V Games and then click on the TS12 icon and then click continue and it will install into the game itself.

Do this for the dependencies and the locomotives themselves and you shall be on your way to enjoying your World of Trainz Content.

If anybody has any questions feel free to contact me through PM.

I followed the steps to install Gatekeeper first, and I use TS2010 so I ran the exe file which didn't have specified path, so I browsed through c drive and found TS2010 folder through Auran folder, chosed the folder saying TS2010, and hit next, then I get a black screen part or whatsoever which doesn't do anything at all and if I click the red X on top of black screen part then I receive TrainzUtil.exe has stopped working, then closes, and it doesn't install at all. Maybe the TrainzUtil for my game is bad. But it's that I don't know which folder under TS2010 tab I'm supposed to directly install to besides TS2010 folder.

Last edited:
I am having this same problem. The gatekeeper installation doesnt show the trainzutil and I dont get a TS2010 option in the dependencies or locomotive installations. Any reccomendations?

Any suggestions? I am having problems with the WHOLE installation process.Plz help!

Steven (nikkigirl1)

You mention gatekeeper, if this is an android or i pad install I suggest a new post in that forum. You stand a better chance of a reply.

You mention gatekeeper, if this is an android or i pad install I suggest a new post in that forum. You stand a better chance of a reply.

This is a computer. I go into the trainz path (my computer,local disc, auran, ts2010). But with the loco and the dependencies I dont even get an option for ts2010. Just up to 2009.

he most certainly will, you cannot use Sleep(World.PlaySound()) like that anymore...
Somebody has to say it.
I haven't been to the site lately. Is there a disclaimer to max trz version.
They are spending money on engines that the sound won't work in TRZ12+H4.
Ive tried for hours to get ALL the engine sounds to work.
I wish WOT would take a little time and issue a patch or better warning.

xcrossi

Back