On the built in NEC route

boc61

I was tooling around in Surveyor and noticed a few spots where it looks like work just stopped, like they ran out of money :hehe:

For example:

dbplpw.jpg

I've noticed a few other spot down on the Philly end. Was there a plan to extend this at one time?

I always assumed these were spurs that were once connected to the NEC back in the Pennsy days and then later disconnected by Amtrak when they upgraded the corridor for the high speed Acella trains

I always assumed these were spurs that were once connected to the NEC back in the Pennsy days and then later disconnected by Amtrak when they upgraded the corridor for the high speed Acella trains
Yeah, I had the same thoughts.

Anyone with local knowledge who can confirm this?

Just did a quick scan. Fascinating really... Plenty of disused and track of questionable condition. A few yards I don't recall being in the NEC route, but over all, I didn't see anything like what was pictured.

I think I found a very similar spot, but the tracks were connected to the main line.

The built-in NEC route is a project of TrainzProRoutes; my understanding was that the balance of the route to Washington, DC would eventually be available on the TPR website; but I don't see it there yet. I've run it a couple of times, but it's been a long while, so I can't immediately visualize the area pictured; if it's close to the end of the route, it may be that it will be fleshed out later.

ns

Sad, as the part that passes thru Baltimore, that's the part that interests me most... :D

(Born and raised in and around Balmer)

Hey there!
I'm Jeff Ritter - N5VAV KUID 56511, and the one that built the NEC route.
YES - I have the entire DEM route from Washington D.C. all the way to Philly. It will be done - eventually. All the track is in, just a matter of decorating it.

The areas you speak of, are places where other tracks come off the main at interchanges, etc. I think that one picture is of ZOO tower - a VERY complex intersection.
I was going to include it, but to make it realistic, I'd have to make more lines out from the interchange, etc...and that would have meant a LOT more real estate etc.
If I would have connected the tracks and all, it would have affected the signalling and all, so since it was near the end of the route, I just placed a bit of track in there to give the impression of a lot of trackage.
With a route with this much complex trackage, I just had to pick a point and stop. :)

Eventually, the entire D.C. to Philly route will be available, YES with Baltimore in there too with the long underground tunnels. I love running around there.

Thank you for your interest! I hope the final project will be incredible. I'll be looking for testers, so anyone wanting to help out, let me know!
THANKS!

Last time I visited philly there were a lot of tracks some looking fairly new but hasn't been used. so that might explain the cutted tracks, and I'm glad that you are creating the whole NEC from Philly to Washington D.C. (though I hope to be Philly to NYC:hehe:)

off-track:I tried to backdate this TS12 route to TS10, but it doesn't work but the TS12 description saids anything can be back dated from TS12 to TS10

Back