UK Trainz - Looking for some recommendations

Timothetoolman

L.O.V.E.M.U.F.F.I.N
G'day Everyone,

I'm sure some of you know I've been taking something of an extended break from Trainz sue to school commitments as well as other priorities, but recently I've been finding time to go back in game; nothing major, perhaps the occasional route building session, but I've been looking for an excuse to do some running of trains again.

So, here's my inquiry; what could you recommend for a route set in the UK during the steam era? I'm aware many will suggest the S&C route, but I have difficulties running that route for reasons of inadequate hardware. Could someone recommend something different. Which particular region is not a concern of mine, I'd just like to see what others recommend. I'd preferably go for freeware (acquiring payware is an issue with me currently) whether is be DLS or 3rd party. Just something this guy can run steam-era rollingstock on.

Thanks very much in advance
Tim

I ran several UK TRS2006 Built-In routes and had a blast on them. Hawes Junction, and several others.

In the WWII movie "The Train" I wish someone would create a route like that (although that was France).

Last edited:
Try Gwladys Ddu by driver_col. Available from the DLS at no cost and full of interesting opportunities.

Cheers

Paul

I too have several smaller routes I made in 2004 so you would need to check that sqiare when searching the DS.

Angela(h)

There's a few... There's one called Sheffield-Leeds or something like that, modelled on that route in the late 40s, but comes with a couple of sessions running BR Green 47s/55s on Sheffield to Leeds services.
There's also 'BR (WR) BRanchline for TS12' which appears to be based on a cornish branch line run in the 50s-ish
There's also one based based on Whitby/Scarborough- I can't remember the name but it is the line from Scarborough all the way to Middlesbrough with stops at Saltburn among other places, and it also has the whole of the North Yorkshire Moors Railway route as part of that. It's designed for the era when first-generation DMUs were operating but you could probably use it for steam no problem.

Hello timothetoolman,

If your looking for UK freight rolling stock but you are not too sure what is available, this link will help you... http://www.ltsv.com/t_wag_all.php - LTSV TRAINZ WEBSITE

Many thanks to Tom Young who owns this superb website, you may even find items you did not even know existed in Trainz.

-------

Also

Some content from this website may also work in Trainz 2012, I cannot comfirm all the content, but at least some content will show up in Trainz 2012 without the Settle and Carlisle add on pack, here is the website link...
http://www.trainzclassics.co.uk/ - click on the content button, then click on the picture boxes to see more.

Hope this helps and have fun with Trainz

Joe Airtime

Last edited:
My 'Dukes Denver' is a simple light railway route, made for TRS2004 and using only built-in content; I have imported it into TS2010 with no problems. I can't comment on its suitability for 2012 for obvious reasons.

Ray

G'day Tim,
I suggest "Restormel Castle" as a route for the steam era, lots of great semaphore signals etc. A lot of single line running and opportunity for shunting along the way!

Cheers
Russell.

R701Rusty,
Where can you find Restormel Castle? I searched it on the DLS just now and it said 'no downloads found'.

Cheers, Alex

Back