What does the Trainz Community listen to?

I would listen to various videogame music tracks just in general.

I listen to this song often when I'm working on my Metro Valparaiso route as it gives me a "homely" feel and makes me visualize the hillside areas and harbor of Valparaiso.

Last edited:
Sina_Drums

Lately, I've been listening to Sina_Drums, the most amazing teenage drummer I've ever heard! She and her friends create the most awesome cover videos (mainly vintage rock) and original songs. There truly is hope for young music. I got hooked after watching her cover of "Wipe Out" and that's her father on guitar:

Support her on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/sina_drums

Just happened to hear this in the playlist and realized...this would be appropriate for this forum, or NOT, LOL!

You guys would ride any train that sounds its whistle!

That's presumably because you're well below the age where the brain has fully developed ;):eek:

I prefer the makers of music that I listen to to have talent.

Don't'cha love it when someone crashes a random thread just to insult or berate someone, or to say "i don't like your opinion, so you're wrong"? Good times.

Don't'cha love it when someone crashes a random thread just to insult or berate someone, or to say "i don't like your opinion, so you're wrong"? Good times.

e37.png

There's also serious debate as to whether EDM is actually music or not. Is a computer an instrument?

Anyway, keep being offended for others if you feel it achieves something.

Last edited:
My good lord, I have seen tussles over pretty silly things before but this one is too much for me without saying something. When I posted that video, my intention was to show the Trainz community what I listened to for my personal enjoyment, and indeed, sometimes when I play Trainz as well.

...Now shut it and keep your opinions to yourself...

That was very rude and immature of you, Trainz_12_fan_100. Jamie has every right to express his opinion, you are entitled to yours, therefore he is as well. There is no need to behave like that.

There's also serious debate as to whether EDM is actually music or not. Is a computer an instrument?

Interesting debate it sounds like. And good question too, what defines something as "music"? Is it a tune, the tools you use to create it? It's a very debatable matter. :eek:

I want to say I only posted to show the Trainz community what I liked. If I ever have offended anyone, I ask only that you accept my sincerest and humblest apology. If you dislike what I enjoy, that's perfectly fine by me. We all have our opinions, nothing wrong with that.

All the different members of the Trainz community like and dislike different things, we are all unique. We will come to disagreements from time to time but in the end, we will get along, forgive and forget, no harm done.

And people may look at this thread interested in listening to some nice soundtracks, and what other members of the community listen to, but what will they find? A few teens getting into a little "fight" over some "music".......it's somewhat shameful, in my opinion.... :(

Last edited:
Aight here we go. Music, by definition, is any organization of notes and rhythms, regardless of the source. By the dictionary definition, EDM is indeed music. In fact, a lot of poetry is now being considered music because of the diction of the speaker. And before you ask... I listen to pretty much everything. Rock, rap, jazz, EDM, whatever else you can think of, it's probably on my Spotify playlist somewhere. :)

I used to listen to a bit of EDM for a brief time but now I hardly listen to anything from that (unless ya still consider drum & bass EDM... which some people do, I don't know). Tastes changed, but I can still appreciate it (well some of it lol)

I'm not musically literate or inclined or anything but all I know is if there's a cool tune ya like and ya listen to it... that's music, and that's good enough for me. Doesn't matter how it's made, as long as you enjoy it... shoot, keep enjoying it. If you gotta debate wether or not something is 'music' or not... you're taking it too seriously. My all time fav song was completely assembled using a computer and made using computer generated synths, but has plenty of other 'standard' instruments in it. If that ain't music... shoot, then what is!
Propane!

Cheers,
SM

My all time fav song was completely assembled using a computer and made using computer generated synths, but has plenty of other 'standard' instruments in it. If that ain't music... shoot, then what is!
Propane!
This is a good post, I hope you didn't hide a propane nightmares joke in there. Really bringing it on home with this one.

The "Is this music?" argument is a ridiculous one. Anything can be music. Even mongolian throat rapping (or rap in general) or the sound I usually make after eating a lot of tacobell.

Anyways, here's my oddball music contribution

Back