SP1 - Some payware didn't auto redownload from DLC...

Ok, after a clean install of ts12, and registering all my paid for serial numbers, I let trainz do it's thing. I have been unable to get Murchison to reinstall correctly. I have shut all other activity down while it tries to down load part 1 or part 2. I always get the corrupted data response. All other paid for items installed and are available. The patched program seems to run very well, but I sure would like to have Murchison back in operation. Any cures out there?

Try downloading one installer at a time. Cancel the second one when it kicks in to download to let the first one install. Then do the same for the second one. That's what Zec mentioned in another post somewhere here.

John

I have tried that. It does not seem to matter which part I try to download first as the result is always corrupted data. I have used EDR between attempts as it also clears the cache and gives me a clean restart. These downloads take along time as you know. The frustrating part is I do not know where the corruption is and if it is different each download. If it is different, then it is a data transfer issue, if not, then it is a file issue. I am sure any router glitch anywhere in the world could corrupt data. I wonder if there might be a way to rar the files for download and import them once they are reconstructed locally...

Ken

Hi Ken,

It's not your install. It's a problem at the server end I'm sure. I know it's frustrating when the route has become corrupt due to the implementation. It makes me wonder if N3V should break this up even more to ensure that the downloader, and internet connections can handle the data. I'm sure this would solve the problem since the other smaller installers come down and install fine. These happen to be much bigger and corrupt due to the file size.

John

John,

That makes sense to me. Breaking it up into several smaller files would make it easer to get installed. It would only be necessary to download the bad segments instead of the complete (almost 2g) set of two files. I am sure it will eventually be repaired. I think your suggestion is a good one.

Ken

I guess they just are not going address the Murchison problem, which means I either go back to an earlier release, or let it go. It is eating up too much of my paid for bandwidth to keep downloading it for nothing. I don't think I will be buying anymore stuff for this game. Too bad, I rather enjoyed it...

Actually, N3V have stated in one of the comments in their Trainz Developer blog that the problem involving Murchinson not downloading properly has now been fixed.

Shane

Back