JOINTEDRAIL SP1 UPDATES HOW-TO THREAD

yutzk

JointedRail Cust. Service
We've posted a document that will show you exactly how we have set our updates up for you guys to fix any issues that may have popped up with TS12 Service Pack 1 being released.

-We have already addressed any freeware that had problems. Those are all set and up on the site, we simply repacked them and posted them to the site again. Re-download any of those, overwrite them, make sure all is committed and you'll be all set. Majority of freeware affected was the 52ft gondolas and 57ft reefers.

-Payware is all set to go as well. We have posted any locomotive specific updates right in the Payware area for the specific locomotive( where you'd normally see the details on whats in the locomotive, adding it to cart, etc.) The document we have posted will run you thru these updates and the general updates as well.

- There are some general dependencies as well that required updating, those are located under the SP1 Updates tab under our Dependencies section. We suggest grabbing ALL files in all of those as well.

Link to the document showing the process (1.1MB PDF File): http://jointedrail.com/content/updates/JRSP1Updates.pdf

Any questions or comments feel free to let us know.

I am having trouble with the gondolas. I have downloaded and reinstalled all five gondola downloads at least a half dozen times. After installing and committing, I am still getting a missing dependcies error. The error seems to be the same on all assests: 312521:27013. Where or what is that KUID?

Thanks to p-dehnert, on the TS12 forum, who gave me a link to this missing KUID. The gondolas are now working.

Got every thing updated and working, except my CSX SD80MAC. The asset in question is the EMD Widecab mechanism type 3,<kuid2:45324:90202:2>

It shows this error:

Error: The tag 'image' in '0' points to a nonexistent file: 'art_icon.tga'.

Downloaded the update for the shell and the other content updates and they worked fine. But this one is not.

EDIT!

My bad, redownloeded the cab from the cab page and the error is gone now!

Last edited:
trying to find a missing kuid , googled and searched your website towards the new 52 foot gondolas that i downloaded, any help would be appreciated thanks

Unknown Location: <kuid:312521:27013>

Last edited:
I have followed the updates and PDF, reinstalled everything including all SP1 updates from JR but am still getting the: "Error: The tag 'image' in '0' points to a nonexistent file: 'speedo.tga'." error. I was able to butcher the SD80mac by cloning it and then deleted the errant mesh, but that is not the way to do it I would think. Any help is appreciated.

Chris

I have followed the updates and PDF, reinstalled everything including all SP1 updates from JR but am still getting the: "Error: The tag 'image' in '0' points to a nonexistent file: 'speedo.tga'." error. I was able to butcher the SD80mac by cloning it and then deleted the errant mesh, but that is not the way to do it I would think. Any help is appreciated.

Chris

Make sure the file is actually installing, clear your warning dialogs in content manager if you have to. The applicable fix on the site under the specific SD80MAC on the payware page for that locomotive will fix this issue, in fact I just had it with another customer. Make sure you check for anything open for edit after you install the fix. If anything is open for edit, right click on it then edit, commit.

Make sure the file is actually installing, clear your warning dialogs in content manager if you have to. The applicable fix on the site under the specific SD80MAC on the payware page for that locomotive will fix this issue, in fact I just had it with another customer. Make sure you check for anything open for edit after you install the fix. If anything is open for edit, right click on it then edit, commit.

AHHH, finally got it. I went into the actual SD80MAC pack and didn't see any update, but now I see if I go to each individual loco the fix is there. I have the same error with all three so I thought it would be in the pack section. Thanks for your help and time.

Quick question: I haven't downloaded SP1, but should I go head and download the items fixed to work with SP1?

I just installed the SP1 hotfix #3 And I get an error on my MRL SD45 680. It don't look like you have an update for this unless I missed it.
Error: The tag 'image' in '0' points to a nonexistent file: 'mesh_art_icon.tga'.

I also have an Error on the "Defect Detector Library v 0.5"
Error: The tag 'image' in '0' points to a nonexistent file: 'art_icon.jpg'.

Only some of my JR content work that I can find. I hate Updates!
Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited:
If your not seeing an update for either ( which i thought there was honestly) these are easy fixes. Just take like a 240x180 image ( make one from scratch if you can) and dump it into the directory of the problem asset named how it wants above. Boom instant fix....its basically because it cant find the image its being pointed to. This is now considered a full on error in TS12 SP1 and up.

If your not seeing an update for either ( which i thought there was honestly) these are easy fixes. Just take like a 240x180 image ( make one from scratch if you can) and dump it into the directory of the problem asset named how it wants above. Boom instant fix....its basically because it cant find the image its being pointed to. This is now considered a full on error in TS12 SP1 and up.

A lot of times, I find that the item is pointed towards $screenshot$.jpg or .tga file, which is not there, but find an ART folder, which contains a art_512.tga or .jpg file to map it to. Is easy to fix in content manager.

Someone, I think Bem Dorsey put a "This is a no thumbnail" thumbnail in his recent DLS uploads. I copied that .jpg and use it for the "no thumbnail" errors when they pop up. It's all sized and ready to drop in. Sometimes I find the thumbnail is in the folder, it just wasn't named properly to correlate to the config. That's an easy fix as well.

Thanks Guys. For the MLR, the file was in its own folder so I took it out and placed it in the main folder and it worked. as for the other one I just copied one from something else and named it then it worked. I still hate updates! Again thank you all who helped me with this.

Jeff

Hi there,

I purchased several of the locomotive packs through SimulatorCentral and am now stuck with the update issues as discussed in this thread.

Bearing in mind that, since I purchased from the SimulatorCentral site, I do not have an account at JointedRail.com, how do I go about obtaining these updates?

Thanks for you assistance.

Ian

Hi there,

I purchased several of the locomotive packs through SimulatorCentral and am now stuck with the update issues as discussed in this thread.

Bearing in mind that, since I purchased from the SimulatorCentral site, I do not have an account at JointedRail.com, how do I go about obtaining these updates?

Thanks for you assistance.

Ian

Simply sign up for an account at the site, verify it via the email and your all set to download any updates there. It's free and costs nothing. Just use the PDF file we linked to at the beginning of this thread and youll be all set.

I'm having Issues with the CW44-9 cabs. I've uninstalled them and re installed them but they still show up in red how do i fix this problem?

If this is after upgrading to SP1, have you followed the instructions available at JR's website? Otherwise, you probably need to post details of your problem, for instance the exact error message you're getting, before anyone can offer much help. Good luck ... :wave:

Back